The Shop Assistant’s responsibilities include welcoming customers to our shop, monitoring customer activities to prevent incidents of shoplifting, arranging window displays accordingly, and processing customer refunds. You should also be able to identify customers' needs and recommend suitable shop items that best satisfy their needs.
To be successful as a Shop Assistant, you should be well-organized and adept at using pricing and labeling equipment. Ultimately, an outstanding Shop Assistant should demonstrate effective communication skills and achieve exceptional customer service at all times.
Shop Assistant Responsibilities:
* Receiving, processing, and organizing shipments and deliveries accordingly.
* Restocking depleted or low shop items and ensuring that the sales floor is organized according to established guidelines.
* Assisting customers in locating desired shop items.
* Informing customers of shop promotions to encourage purchases.
* Performing regular price audits to identify and correct price discrepancies.
* Performing end-of-day cleaning duties, which includes wiping down windows, mirrors, and fixtures as well as sweeping and mopping the shop floor.
* Addressing and resolving customers complaints in a professional manner.
* Processing customer payments using the shop's Point of Sale (POS) system.
* Maintaining an in-depth knowledge of store items to provide advice and recommendations as needed