The Security Services Engineer’s responsibilities shall also include:
- Integrate SD-WAN, SASE, DDoS, and other security solutions
- Ability to demonstrate the effectiveness of a range of managed security solutions
- Work on positively impacting the operational potency of managed security solutions
- Day-to-day observance of the operational impact of the deployed services performance
- Threat response to security incidences, performing actions that isolate client’s network
- Identify security issues and risks, and develop mitigation plans
- Interpret Security Technical Implementation Guides (STIGs) and apply them to appropriate network devices.
- Evaluate and recommend new and emerging cloud security solutions and technologies
- Participate in tier 2 and tier 3 security operations support
- Participate in security incident analysis relating to offered services handling
Qualifications, Skills & Competencies:
- First degree in a relevant field
- At least 3 years experience in infrastructure or application-level vulnerability testing and auditing
- At least 3 years of system, network, and/or application security experience
- Minimum of 3 years of experience working with WAN related technologies
- Consistent implementation of managed security solutions at different levels
- At least 2 years of experience working with Systems security, Network security, Firewalls, IDS / IPS, vulnerability assessments, incident response.
- Knowledge of network routing and security protocols and implementations: TCP/IP, SSL, IPSEC VPN, SSL VPN, and VLANs
- Analyze events and logs using security event management tools
- Strong experience and detailed technical knowledge in security engineering, system and network security, authentication and security protocols, cryptography, and application security
- Knowledge of network and web-related protocols (e.g., TCP/IP, UDP, IPSEC, HTTP, HTTPS, routing protocols)
- Strong understanding of a process-driven environment
- Excellent problem-solving, debugging/troubleshooting skills
- CCSP or Security+ certification or equivalent
Demands of the Job:
- Strong written and verbal skills
- Strong customer service experience and orientation required
- Availability to work extra hours in times of emergency and specialized project deliveries.
- Understand and manage the pressure of a 24x7 customer support environment
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team to diagnose, troubleshoot, and resolve systems problems and issue