- B Sc. in Accountancy/Finance, Banking, Economics, Business Administration or Bachelor of Law or any other relevant qualification. A Master's degree in a related course will be an added advantage.
- Minimum of 12years Banking experience out of which 3years must be as a senior management staff in the Recovery department/unit of a reputable bank.
- Professional qualification such as Institute of Debt Recovery Practitioners of Nigeria (AIDRPN), ACIB, ACA, ACCA, BL. RIMAN or any other professional courses.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- To articulate strategies to facilitate recovery of NPLs on a case-by-case basis.
- Responsible for negotiations with high net-worth customers and Politically Exposed Persons in the regions on delinquent accounts.
- Responsible for after-action review of bad loans and identify learning points that are shared with staff to forestall future occurrences.
- Formulation of strategies to initiate, coordinate and effectively execute repossession of Bank-financed assets from recalcitrant debtors.
- Responsible for providing Loan-Workout support and advisory basically for commercial, corporate, retail/small and medium scale, and agribusiness-based loans to account officers on a regular basis.
- To organize quarterly Credit Reviews with relationship teams in attendance to criticize troubled Retail, Commercial and Corporate accounts and take strategic remedial or recovery decisions to resolve the same.
- Making presentations at CRECO, Executive Credit Review, BCC, and other senior management credit-related meetings.
- Provide specialist support for early detection of problem loans and implement strategies and decisions to repair the same and prevent further deterioration.
- Liaising with security agencies in the respective regions to facilitate recovery from recalcitrant debtors.
- To provide critical support to the Bank’s Complaints and Revenue Assurance Departments in the resolution of high-profile customer complaints to CBN as it pertains to NPLs, to avert litigation and regulatory sanctions.
- Responsible for preparing the departmental standard operating manual for adoption.
- Formulation of recovery strategies for team members.
- Continuous training of team members on the Job.
- Formulation of the guidelines for recruiting or registering recovery agents, recovery agencies, or any other recovery-related third party and also monitor their performance.
- Credit Risk
- Sound decision making
- Business/Industry knowledge
- Knowledge of the Management of delinquent accounts
- Good knowledge & understanding of credit analysis
- Knowledge of the regulations guiding collateral liquidation.
- Knowledge of foreclosure of securitized assets.
- Understanding of recovery activities
- Understanding the intricacies of working with law enforcement agencies.
- Awareness of business trends locally and globally.
- A very good understanding of debtor’s psychology.
- Good knowledge of Nigerian Law as it relates to credit issues (Receivership, business Rescue, Insolvency, foreclosure, debt recovery etc.)
- Credit underwriting.