Emergency Response Africa (ERA) is a health tech start-up on a mission to provide medical care to emergency victims in Africa. Many African countries do not have access to an emergency system like 9-1-1, resulting in thousands of unnecessary deaths annually. We are determined to change that. ERA trains first responders and equip them with intelligent dispatch and communications technology and low-cost medical transportation to create a sustainable and scalable emergency medical system in Nigeria.
We are looking for a qualified Mobile developer to join our Engineering team. You will be working with our engineers to develop and maintain high-quality mobile applications. If you’re passionate about mobile platforms and translating code into user-friendly apps, we would like to meet you. As a Mobile developer, you’ll collaborate with internal teams to develop functional mobile applications, while working in a fast-paced environment. Ultimately, you should be able to design and build the next generation of our mobile applications. To excel in this role, you should be a highly creative person with a keen eye for detail and the ability to work both individually and as part of a team.
· Work as part of a small team to build React Native iOS / Android applications
· Architect, build and maintain excellent React Native applications with clean code.
· Support the entire application lifecycle (concept, design, test, release and support)
· Produce fully functional mobile applications writing clean code
· Gather specific requirements and suggest solutions
· Write unit and UI tests to identify malfunctions
· Troubleshoot and debug to optimize performance
· Design interfaces to improve user experience
· Liaise with the Product development team to plan new features
· Ensure applications meet quality standards
· Research and suggest new mobile products, applications and protocols
· Complete two-week sprints and participate in sprint retrospectives and daily stand-ups.
· 2+ years of professional experience working with React Native.
· 4+ years of professional software development experience.
· Experience working with Swift, Objective C, and Java a plus but not required.
· Meaningful experience working on large, complex systems.
· Demonstrable portfolio of released applications on the Android Market or the App store.
· Knowledge about Offline Storage, REST APIs, and document request model.
· An understanding of React Native best practices and a commitment to following them.
· Ability to create and maintain continuous integration and delivery of React Native applications.
· Familiarity with OOP design principles
· Experience with cloud computing environment such as AWS
· Ability to take extreme ownership over your work
· Excellent analytical skills with a good problem-solving attitude
· Ability to perform in a team environment
· BSc degree in Computer Science or relevant field