- Identifying the costs and managing the budget of a building project from the outset to completion
- Select, price and source construction materials.
- Advise clients on procurement strategies.
- Assist in establishing a client’s requirements and undertake feasibility studies.
- Prepare the tender and contract documents, including bills of quantities, with the architect and the client.
- Select subcontractors, agree on the scope of services and allocate work.
- Monitor and control costs throughout the project.
- Identify risks surrounding the project and the likelihood of cost variation.
- Track any changes to the design or actual work and adjust budget projections.
- Value completed work and arrange payments to subcontractors.
- Analyze progress and write detailed re