- Buy all raw materials – food, beverage etc. that are required for restaurant production and operations.
- Negotiate contracts with vendors as well as reviewing product quality and delivery times to ensure vendors are complying with their contracts.
- Maintain close interaction with vendors to learn about market changes and what products are available, particularly products only available on a seasonal basis.
- Find and evaluate new vendors.
- Track product usage and ordering to ensure timely purchases and maintain sufficient product levels to meet restaurant demands.
- Maintain updated records of purchased products, delivery information and invoices.
- Coordinate with warehouse staff to ensure proper storage.