WFP isseeking to fund and fill the position of Information Management Officer (SSA) for the Inter-Agency PSEA Network to be based in the Maiduguri Area Office. Under the overall supervision and guidance of the PSEA Coordinator, the Information Management Officer will support the PSEA Coordinator in the day-to-day management and coordination of the PSEA Network.
The Information Management Officer will act as the focal point for collecting, analyzing, and disseminating PSEA information, in close coordination with PSEA Network Partners under the supervision of the PSEA Network Coordinator (UN Agencies, INGOs, NGOs, Sectors, and Sub-sectors).
As a member of the Humanitarian Country Team, WFP has endorsed the Protection from sexual exploitation, abuse, and Harassment (PSEAH) strategy and action plan to mainstream PSEAH in program design and implementation and human resource management.
WFP co-chairs the Inter-Agency PSEA Network and from , WFP funded the position of PSEA Coordinator. WFP is committed to the Prevention of PSEA in all its operations and would like to continue demonstrating this commitment by bridging gaps within the Inter-Agency PSEA network. One of the core obligations of the PSEA network is the provision of timely and accurate reports WFPs support through this position will ensure accurate information management and reporting to enable the PSEA Network effectively deliver on its mandate.
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
Education:University degree in social sciences, global information systems, communications, journalism, or related field; or the equivalent combination of education and experience.Â
Experience: ÂA minimum of three years of professional experience in an international context, preferably in Gender, Information Management, GBV and Humanitarian context experienceÂ
DESIRED EXPERIENCES FOR ENTRY INTO THE ROLE
Knowledge& Skills:Ability to meet deadlines and work under pressure as part of a team. Good communication skills; excellent written and analytical skills. Basic knowledge of Gender, GBV and PSEA. Sound knowledge of Microsoft Windows, MS Excel, MS Word, and MS PowerPoint.Â Knowledge of Information Management.Â Willingness to work in challenging environments/field locations.Â
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
1. Produce PSEA Network products/reports for the Humanitarian Community. These products include but are not limited to the following: Situation updates, bulletins, snapshots, briefings, Factsheets, and FAQs.
2. Liaise with PSEA Networks Sectoral partners, and International and National counterparts to gather information to produce periodic sitreps, bulletins, snapshots.
3. Support the PSEA Network Coordinator as required in drafting and designing reports and report formats.
4. Establish, moderate, and maintain the PSEA Network mailing list.
5. Prepare and disseminate the agendas for PSEA Network coordination meetings and training, compile presentations, produce training reports, etc.
6. Organize and facilitate meetings in support of the PSEA Network Coordinator. Take meeting minutes with detailed action points during the periodic/ad hoc meeting.
7. Standardize and execute quality control of PSEA Network Inter-Agency assessments and activity reports.
8. Support capacity strengthening for members of the PSEA Network.
9. Establish and maintain an information pool for the PSEA Network.
TERMS and CONDITIONSWe strongly recommend that your profile is accurate, complete and includes your employment records, academic qualifications, language skills and UN Grade (if applicable) Once your profile is completed, please apply, and submit your application Please make sure you upload yourÂ professional CV in the English language Kindly note the only documents you will need to submit at this time are your CV and Cover Letter Additional documents such as passport, recommendation letters, academic certificates, etc. may potentially be requested at a future time Please contact us at in case you face any challenges with submitting your application. Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the Jobberman Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.