EMPLOYMENT TYPE & PERIOD
Term Contract for 8 Months
Up to N200,000 per month
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
Construction & Planning
Reporting to the Site Manager, the incumbent will:
- Monitor assigned construction workstreams on site; ensuring that all workers deliver to expected high standards and on time.
- Quality control inspection of all finishing materials delivered to site by suppliers and subcontractors, rejecting defected items.
- Assist Site Manager when requested, to identify, suitable sub-contractors for certain aspects of the construction work.
- Coordinate and direct subcontractors as requested; and ensure that their work is delivered on time and to agreed standards.
- Provide project status updates to management and stakeholders on a regular basis.
- Determine and schedule various stages of the building process
- Prepare project weekly plans for team review
- Prepare operating and maintenance documents
- Be responsible for all technical activities relating to architectural and engineering projects, including creating designs.
- Monitor construction progress and ascertain whether phases of construction are in compliance with building plans and project deadlines.
Drawing & Design
- Receive Project Requests and draft designs
- Oversee all elements of design reviews.
- Prepare new and modify existing working drawings
- Prepare as-built drawings
- Rework and modifying designs as required
- Utilize necessary physical and digital tools to create design drafts
- Research and incorporate artistic elements into designs as needed
- Prepare and present designs in 2D and 3D
- Develop innovative concepts and design elements
Education & Qualification,
- Bachelors or HND in Architecture
- Masters in Architecture or related field will be an advantage
- Project management qualification will be an added advantage
- Quality Control qualification
Skills & Experience
- The ideal candidate will possess substantial experience in site work; particularly in supervising subcontractors at the finishing stages of a construction.
- Minimum 5 years post degree work experience at a construction or an Architectural Firm
- Skills in the following architectural software: AutoCAD (Advanced), Revit, Sketchup, Vray
- Must have strong attention to detail with the ability to spot and fix potential design flaws
- Must be able to balance technical skills and creative aptitude in a fast-paced environment
- Must be familiar with architectural standards, engineering practices, building ordinances and blueprints
- Must be able to manage their own time
- Must have an entrepreneurial mindset
- Must be willing to work in a high paced environment
- Must be willing to work occasionally long hours
- Strict adherence to deadlines
- Excellent written and oral communication skills along with presentation techniques
- Experience in Building Information Modelling (BIM)
- Considerable knowledge of modern building construction methods and materials and of the preparation of specifications
- Some knowledge of the principles and methods of surveying and inspecting sites and buildings, preparatory to planning and designing.