The Managing Director is responsible for providing overall leadership management and general technical direction of the entire program, ensuring an integrated vision among different components, functions, and stakeholders, and a focus on achieving the results defined in the contract. You will be responsible for leading and overseeing the development, delivery, and day-to-day management of a high-quality, innovative, cost-effective, and sustainable education program resulting in immediate and lasting change for children and building the capacity of the duty bearers. This is a highly hands-on job, involving intense program management, and broad technical knowledge covering financial management, supply chain, government relations, and school operations management. For this role, we need someone who has experience managing highly complex and large programs with a lean team coupled with a deep passion for the program's mission. Leadership, humility, and self-awareness are a must to be successful. This is an incredibly fast-paced and absorbing role that will ask a lot of you but it will also be personally rewarding in that you will see the impact of your efforts firsthand.
- Minimum Qualification:Degree
- Experience Level:Management level
- Experience Length:8 years
- Act as the senior General Manager for the program, overseeing budgets, strategic and operational delivery, and stakeholder management.
- Lead and manage the program team – providing the vision, day-to-day coordination, resource management, and supervision required to accomplish project objectives and deliver superior quality products.
- Be the primary liaison with the designated Ministry of Education and elected political champions and or their representatives, responding to client needs within the limits of the arrangement.
- Ensure quality control and the overall responsiveness of technical assistance provided, including necessary adjustments to operations to fit the requirements of the program.
- Identify issues and risks related to program implementation in a timely manner, and suggest appropriate program adjustments.
- Ensure the technical and methodological soundness of activities and, in collaboration with the Collaborate with colleagues solve problems and build a learning environment within the program team and other function heads of the organization.
- Responsible for on or under-budget delivery of all aspects of the program.
- Bachelor’s degree essential, MBA (or Master’s) would be preferred.
- At least 8 years of progressively responsible experience working in project management and design in developing countries, preferably including experience in the state or country to which you will be assigned.
- At least 5 years of management experience, including direct supervision of professional and support staff and assembling teams working in multi-faceted roles including field-based roles.
- A proven track record of excelling in the leadership of operational teams, as well as in design-thinking, process and system design and application, and managing complex and inter-related functions, as this will be critical in overseeing a large-scale school system transformation.
- Prior experience within a fast-paced, high-growth, metric-driven operational organization will be an advantage.
- Strong management skills, leadership qualities, professional reputation, and ability to build or access key contacts within the Ministry of Education or equivalent local and state regulatory bodies.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with government representatives, for-profit private sector entities, local community organizations, donors, consortium members, and other stakeholders, at national and sub-national levels.
- Respect and sensitivity towards cultural, gender, ethnicity, and religious diversity.
- Maturity and confidence in dealing with high-ranking officials of government institutions, international institutions, and non-government institutions.
- Demonstrated excellent communication and writing abilities and superior interpersonal and cross-cultural communication skills.
- Passion for our vision of democratizing the right for all children to succeed.
Location: South South
NewGlobe supports visionary governments to transform public education systems, the cornerstone of a prosperous, equitable, and peaceful society.
With a comprehensive system transformation platform and data-driven educational services, NewGlobe delivers rapid and dramatic improvements in learning outcomes at the state and nationwide scale. Through building impactful partnerships and programs, NewGlobe ensures that all children have access to an education that will develop their full potential and create a foundation for growth and prosperity.
NewGlobe leverages more than a decade of educational experience and proven impact in integrated school management, teacher professional development, instructional design innovation, technological system support, child-centered classroom practice, and parent engagement -- all grounded in learning science -- to ensure each teacher is empowered to engage children in transformational learning, and all children have the opportunity to develop to their full potential. Every day, NewGlobe supports governments to solve what were once seen as intractable problems, and by doing so, ensures this generation will be able to grow up to lead more fulfilled lives, while simultaneously building economic prosperity for themselves, their communities, and the globe.
NewGlobe’s high-touch, intensive professional development programs, along with integrated school management, teacher support, and assessment software, enable schools to succeed. NewGlobe works within the state and national curricula and syllabi, ensuring all children are empowered to learn their own history, and master local content, while being globally competitive in mathematics and languages. The science of behavior change and the science of learning is at the foundation of all programming.
NewGlobe works with urgency because youth quickly becomes adulthood and relentlessly because improvement requires continuous problem-solving. NewGlobe is honored to serve and to help rebuild trust in public systems.
NewGlobe’s work is all-encompassing and will challenge you to use your full mind, and heart, each day. We need bright minds who want to be part of building a new globe -- a more equitable globe -- to join us.
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the Jobberman Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.