Who We Are
- Babban Gona is an award-winning, high impact, financially sustainable, and highly scalable social enterprise, part-owned by the farmers we serve. Babban Gona was created to specifically attract youth to agriculture and away from the looming instability of extremist groups.
- We accomplish this by franchising thousands of farmer cooperatives across Nigeria, dramatically increasing the profitability of the smallholder members 2.5 times above the national average. This dramatic increase in net income is accomplished by delivering an integrated holistic package of training, farm inputs and marketing services, on credit. Babban Gona has been able to deliver this credit while maintaining one of the highest repayment rates in the world, currently above 99%, leveraging our comprehensive 8 levels of risk mitigation.
- We developed the model with our partners that include His Highness Muhammad Sanusi II, the Sarkin (Emir) Kano, Nestle, IITA, DfID, USAID, GIZ, AGRA, BMGF, Skoll, Kiva, FMCB, Mulago, GIF, and Rockefeller Foundation amongst others.
What Success in the Role Looks Like
Build Babban Gona e-Learning platforms, as well as the World’s Highest-Impact Technology Organization
- Babban Gona aims to be the world’s highest-impact organization, enabling 10 million families to have truly life-changing impact, enabling them to rewrite their story. Our success to date can be traced to the fact that technology innovation has always been in our DNA. Our passionate and committed technology team of over 20 software engineers, product managers, and product support team members have developed and launched over a dozen applications to support the scaling of our impact including, the region's first Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning decision support application for smallholder farmers.
As we prepare for the next phase of our growth, we are looking for a Product Development Lead to build Babban Gona e-Learning platforms, to equip the team aid 10 million families lift themselves out of poverty by 2030. Success in the role would include building an organization of over 50 people engineering and product team to build highly innovative e-Learning platforms for challenging low data coverage and low resource rural communities. Examples of technology include:
- Providing Employees with a better e-learning platform: Our goal on this opening is to provide a platform to enable all staff to get a free learning platform to boost their intellectual capacity as it relates to their job function. As the Lead for Babban Gona’s Product Development (eLearning), you would be required to build a friendly platform where employees will be equipped with the basic intellectual tools needed to achieve the general objective of the organization and drive increased impact.
- Maintaining a master database for Course content: One of our core values at Babban Gona is continuous learning. To enable the business to grow, it is critical that we constantly provide our team members with opportunities for learning and development. We have created the Babban Gona Leadership Institute (BGLI) with dedicated team members that provide in-house training to full-time staff, contract staff as well as our farmer-members across the organization. As we grow, we need to ensure that our capacity building approach is scalable, sustainable, and impactful to our stakeholders. The Product Development Lead - BGLI eLearning Platform will be responsible for shaping and executing our Learning and Development strategy across the organization.
- We are looking for a Product Development Lead to build the organization's e-Learning platforms, to equip the team aid 10 million families lift themselves out of poverty by 2030. Success in the role would include building an organization of over 50 person engineering and product team to build highly innovative e-Learning platforms for challenging low data coverage and low resource rural communities.
- Lead all e-Learning LMS operations including but not limited to Engineering, Product Innovation, Data Science, Security & Infrastructure and Business Intelligence.
- Develop and lead a collaborative and agile software development approach that improves learning, while maintaining a strong focus on both quality and scalability.
- Direct the design, planning, implementation, and maintenance of the computing infrastructure that supports the company’s operations and business applications.
- Developing and implementing learning strategies and programs.
- Establish a comprehensive enterprise information security program to ensure the integrity, confidentiality, and availability of relevant data.
- Identify emerging technology trends and ensure the company is leveraging them when appropriate to increase efficiency, reduce costs, and drive value.
- Carry out extensive research to identify needs that new or improved products can fulfill.
- Review research reports, analyze and compare competitors’ products, and meet customers to discuss their requirements.
- Bring product development programs to a successful conclusion -- on time and within budget.
- Develop schedules for each phase of the development program and monitor progress against targets. Set up reviews at each stage to ensure the program is meeting its objectives as it progresses from concept to specification, design, development, and launch.
- Liaise with the senior management team to agree on strategic development objectives and gain budget approval for projects.
- Coordinate the work of different specialists within the development team and ensure that individual members keep the rest of the team informed on progress.
- This position reports to the Head, Enterprise Systems Product.
- Implementing and Scaling Digital Transformations in Learning and Development
- Experience building eLearning/ LMS (Learning Management Systems).
- Able to demonstrate the ability to work effectively in a team environment and deliver successful results.
- Able to develop schedules for each phase of the development program and monitor progress against targets.
- Ability to liaise with the senior management team to agree on strategic development objectives and gain budget approval for projects.
- Thrives in a fast-paced, start-up environment with dynamic business priorities. Unlocking Potential of Team Members
- Experience in managing multidisciplinary teams to meet strategic objectives is important.
- Extensive experience and passion for coaching/ mentoring a team.
- Detailed Orientation and Managing Complexity:
- Extensive experience leading a complex organization and passion for getting into details to identify the root cause of issues and create innovative solutions.
- Babban Gona currently operates a decentralized model with 10 offices spread across Nigeria.
- This role would be based in Lagos, Nigeria