Our client, a luxury hotel located in VI, Lagos is looking to recruit a Procurement Officer. This is a full-time on-site role. The Procurement Officer will be responsible for creating purchase orders, negotiating and managing contracts, utilizing analytical skills to identify cost-saving opportunities, and handling all procurement and purchasing activities for the organization.
- Minimum Qualification: Degree
- Experience Level: Mid level
- Experience Length: 3 years
- Implement sound purchasing policies, systems, and procedures by Company standards.
- Monitor vendors for quality, service, and price through standard purchasing specifications.
- Obtain competitive quotations for hotel requirements and ensure that the best product is sourced and purchased.
- Establish contracts to ensure reduced pricing for all operating areas of the hotel.
- Receives market list from the Executive Chef daily and arranges for delivery of those items daily.
- Ensures that all orders receiving dates are updated by the buyers according to the supplier's promised delivery dates.
- Ensures that all authorized or approved purchase orders are sent to their respective suppliers/vendors for delivery purposes daily.
- Ensures and verifies that quotations are regularly updated and supplier’s new and current price lists are maintained.
- Research and identify new products and services for the hotel in the market.
- Obtains written approval for established Minimum / Maximum stock levels by the financial controller and general manager.
- Approve all additional requests for new storeroom items, check the correct item description, unit, packing, and category, and establish Min/Max estimated stock levels.
- Verify the pending orders report daily, and all pending orders are checked and verified regularly.
- Daily prepare the list of to-be canceled orders and send to accounts for deletion, with appropriate reasons.
- Issues regularly slow-moving item lists.
- Identifies items for standing orders utilizing vendor's logistics for regular deliveries to the hotel based on approved highly consumed items.
- Ensures validity of items available, force issues obsolete items, and follows up on action taken for disposal.
- Verifies that all documentation and proper quotations are maintained and filed according to Policy and Procedure requirements.
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration or related field
- Purchase Orders and Contract Negotiation skills
- Strong Analytical Skills
- Experience in Procurement and Purchasing activities in the hospitality industry
- Excellent negotiation and communication skills
- Attention to detail and ability to multitask
Remuneration: NGN 200,000 - 300,000 monthly
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the Jobberman Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.