- To greet and offer assistance to guests arriving at the hotel, to transfer guest’s luggage and belongings from vehicle to guest’s room.
- To work as a team member in order to provide excellent guest service with attention to detail.
- To actively strive to achieve the vision and mission of the hotel, and behave in a way that reflects the values of the organization.
Detailed Roles & Responsibilities
▪ Maintain the Hotel Standard & Ensure Guest Satisfaction.
▪ Fix guest complain as fast as possible.
▪ To ensure that guest comments are listened to and improvements made where necessary.
▪ To provide feedback to the guest, and record all incidents that may occur.
▪ To ensure that the guest’s privacy is protected at all times.
▪ To ensure that, as far as possible, the guests’ safety and security is maintained.
▪ To continuously improve the service that is provided to guests.
▪ Ensure timely order made by guest.
▪ To assist guests with luggage and belongings during check-in and check- out.
▪ Meet and greet guests on arrival.
▪ To room guests and explain the features and facilities of the hotel.
▪ To complete the handover book, and be present and contribute during shift briefing sessions.
▪ Maintain complete knowledge at all times of:
▪ All hotel features, services and hours of operation
▪ All room types, numbers, layout, décor, appointments and location
▪ All room rates, special packages and promotions
▪ Daily house count and expected arrivals/departures, including VIP guests and residents
Health & Safety
▪ Performs related duties as may be instructed by Reception, e.g. delivering newspapers, telexes, etc. to guest rooms.
▪ May perform general delivery or collection duties e.g. collecting post from the Post Office.
▪ May also perform driving duties by collecting and transporting, by vehicle, guests to and from the hotel, airport, bus terminal, etc.
▪ Ensures that all potential and real hazards are reported appropriately immediately
Key Performance Indicators
▪ 90% Client Satisfaction
Working knowledge, skills, competencies and attributes
▪ Excellent oral communication skills;
▪ Attention to detail and good organisational skills;
▪ Interpersonal skills;
Qualifications and Experience:
▪ Working experience within the hospitality sector will be an added advantage.