Taimako Community Development Initiative (TCDI) is implementing a NHF supported Water, Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH) project in Gujba LGA of Yobe state. TCDI is in need of a skilled Project Monitoring Officer for the WASH Project.
Duties and Responsibilities
The Monitoring and Evaluation Officer will have the following duties and responsibilities:
- Develop and strengthen monitoring, inspection and evaluation procedures for facilities under construction
- Monitor all project activities and progress towards achieving the project output, including hygiene promotion and radio talk shows
- Recommend further improvement of the logical frame work
- Develop monitoring and impact indicator for the project success; Develop a monitoring strategy for the project
- Monitor and evaluate overall progress on achievement of results and sustainability of the project's results
- Provide feedback to the Project Manager on project strategies and activities
- Suggest strategies to the Project Management for improving the efficiency and effectiveness of the project by identifying bottlenecks in completing project activities and developing plans to minimize or eliminate such bottlenecks
- Report monthly progress on all project activities to TCDI, NHF and other stakeholders
- Conduct capacity assessment on existing monitoring and evaluation system
- Provide inputs, information and segregated statistics for reports to TCDI and NHF
- Participate in project reviews and planning workshops and assist the Project Manager in preparing relevant reports
- Support monitoring and evaluation of the effects and impact of the project
- Assist in coordinating across the available components of the Project to ensure effective implementation of M&E
- Assist the project personnel and TCDI M&E department with M&E tools and in supporting them in their use
- Perform other duties as required;
Measurable Outputs and Performance Indicators
- Prepare monthly M&E reports
- Assist the Project Manager in preparing other relevant reports
- Organize and conduct training on M&E for staff
- Prepare reports on the findings and lessons learned from the project
- Prepare monthly and quarterly reports on project progress based on project activities
Develop M&E system for the Project.
Required Skills and Experience
- University/Polytechnic Degree in Business Administration, Engineering or related field.
- At least 2 years of experience in the design and implementation of M&E in humanitarian and development projects implemented by national/ international NGOs/UN bodies/Government;
- Experience in designing tools and strategies for data collection, analysis and production of reports;
- Proven ICT skills, especially in the development of MIS software using database software;
Strong training & facilitation skills.
- Fluency in written and spoken Hausa and English
candidates and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.