A leading Indigenous Pharmaceutical Manufacturing Company based in Lagos urgently requires suitable and energetic qualified candidates for immediate employment to fill the vacant position of Microbiologist
- Minimum Qualification:Degree
- Experience Level:Entry level
- Experience Length:2 years
- Ensure good laboratory and safety practices in the microbiology laboratory
- Conduct testing of all types of water used in the plant to ensure they meet established standards
- Execute sampling and testing of all incoming raw materials and retesting of existing raw materials as required. (Bio-assay/microbial limit testing)
- Conduct full bio testing of all blends and intermediate products according to their relevant specifications
- Conduct testing of finished and stable products that require microbiological analysis as laid down in the specification.
- Reagent stocking, monitoring, and ordering
- Ensure microbiology lab equipment are in good working condition and provide up-to-date equipment operational procedure for each piece of equipment and conduct routine calibration of microbiology lab equipment.
- Perform line clearance evaluations such as Microbial swab tests of all manufacturing tanks, bowls, floors, and benches to evaluate microbial load ensuring they meet laid down specifications.
- Participate in product quality reviews for relevant products.
- Conduct periodical environmental monitoring all through the manufacturing facility and trend results.
- Conduct microbiological investigatory work on relevant raw materials as a service, when so requested by the materials department.
- Bachelor of Science in microbiology or biotechnology
- 2 years of experience in a Quality Control Laboratory in a Pharmaceuticals manufacturing plant or related industry
- Knowledge of standard methods of bio-evaluation of water and relevant raw materials
- Knowledge of the principles and practice of Pharmaceutical microbiology and laboratory safety