To develop a logistics & Warehouse/ Distribution Center (DC) strategy that supports the future route-to-market (RTM) plan for the organization. Execute logistics and relevant 3PL provider related processes, i.e., storage and transportation of goods, as to enable optimal stock availability, Ensuring on-time delivery to customers to maximize service levels while optimizing lowest distribution cost, responsible for ensuring the right quantity of stock are shipped to the right location using run rate per distribution center, promotion plans and stock cover policy
- Minimum Qualification: Degree
- Experience Level: Mid level
- Experience Length: 3 years
- Monitor and assess capabilities and capacities within the entire logistics network to ensure network has sufficient capacity to meet business requirements
- Develop medium to long-term business strategies to optimize current distribution process that aligns to SRM of the organization
- Manage the distributor replenishment process by analyzing IMS, comparing the aggregated requirements of all DCs/customers with existing stocks and advise dispatch plan in the correct quantity at the right time.
- Adhere to standard processes such as a correct safety stock planning and weekly requirement revision at WH/DC
- Initiate pro-active measures for inventory management e.g., stock redistribution at DCs, to ensure that OOS (Out of Stock) is prevented
- Facilitate cost reduction by ensuring load plan and truck optimization, through timing and consolidation of orders.
- Manage phase-in/phase-out at DC/WH without adverse impact on service level while simultaneously minimizing leftover costs
- Participating in the weekly sales review meeting to understand market trend and get update on sell-out plan.
- Responsible for a high service level to the distributor(s) and direct customers
- Responding to enquiries/request for stock from BDF and Distributor`s Sales team.
- Effectively communicate and manage gaps between customer demand and available stock
- Manage and control warehouse reverse logistics processes
- Ensure that all operations comply with relevant warehousing, material handling, regulatory and legislation.
- Execute Month end and year end closure sales recognition process.
- Execute monthly, and yearly stock take plans & complete ERP stock adjustments in collaborations with finance, auditors & LSP warehouse
- Ensure inbound, warehousing and distribution operations are maintained by initiating, coordinating, and enforcing operational procedures and policies from service providers and WH staff accordingly
- Participate in weekly operational meetings with the warehouse to resolve open issues
- Reconcile stock differences between PC/WH and deliveries at DCs while raising and escalating unresolved complaints for management`s intervention.
- Validate warehouse and transport invoices and/or claims from 3PLs
- Ensure product availability whilst optimizing costs of transportation/distribution.
- Ensure daily stock accuracy through use of short pick reports, stock compare reports and cycle counting reports
- Monitor and report relevant KPIs to ensure they are met.
- Regularly comment on all required reports, especially the customer service level, loading plan/achievement & DC/WH inventory reports, analyzing root causes of deviations, and proposing corrective actions.
- Lead the relevant assigned warehousing & logistics projects
- Drive continuous improvement of the distributor replenishment planning process and systems.
- Challenging existing logistics and supply planning processes and tools - implementing improvements to deliver tangible benefits (e.g., Time savings, increased efficiencies, etc.) and monitoring distributor requirements evolution.
- Track performance of service providers and highlight gaps for improvements (Demurrage, Storage, On-time Duty payment and On-time clearing and Delivery at Customer side)
Logistics Local Key User
- Single point of contact to liaise with BSS for all logical related issues in CU.
- Ensure all relevant testing are executed for Logistics related projects
- Liaise with QA to ensure the right documentation and assessment of VAS products are met before release for sales
- Liaise with QA to validate quality of customer returns from trade before approval to put back in system for sales.
- Periodically visit customer DCs with QA to validate warehouse best practices and to identify gaps to close
- Responsible for training Customer services and logistics officer on claims and returns process with LSP.
- Develop capabilities of logistics officer to support back-office work (management of POD’s, inbounds tracking etc.)
- Work with QA to develop DC/WH SOPs & best practices for training of respective staff
- University or similar degree in a relevant field
- 3 - 4 years’ work experience in logistics/warehousing, customer service & supply planning ideally within a FMCG company in Nigeria
- A good understanding of warehousing, logistics & distribution principles and standards
- Good knowledge of SAP – ideally in-depth knowledge of LE module and a working knowledge of MM and SD modules will be advantageous.
- Proficient in Microsoft office (Excel, Word, Power point)
- Must be proactive, have attention to details, takes initiative and possesses excellent organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Project management experience is a major plus
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the Jobberman Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.