- Agile, Remote, & Talented. Neu has a small (but growing) team of talented engineers, working full time remotely, with 2/3s of engineers based in Nigeria. We are a progressive eng team leveraging the newest tech such as Kubernetes, Docker, Typescript, React/Redux, Postgres, etc. We practice agile dev practices including standups, backlog tasks, time costing, etc. If all of this sounds interesting to you then we encourage you to apply.
- Experience with Kubernetes, Docker/Containers, Microservices, and public Clouds (AWS, Azure, etc).
- Proficient at & in-love with Kubernetes
- Web technologies like Node.js, Nginx, Loadbalancers, AWS VPN networking, etc.
- Proficient infrastructure management
- Implementing CRUD (Create, Read, Update, Delete)
- Building RESTful Services
- Proficient at protocols like gRPC, REST, GraphQL
- Server-side languages like NodeJS/Typescript, Go, etc.
- Database technologies like PostgreSQL, MySQL, etc.
Roles and Responsibility:
- Manage platform infrastructure strategy (uptime, errors, etc) through scale
- Comfortable with being “on-call” regarding platform issues
- Possess the Ability to take a feature from scoping requirements through actual launch of the feature.
- Write well-crafted, well-tested, readable, maintainable code, quickly
- Work with a team of remote developers:
- Be able to tackle assigned tasks, manage and track performance while collaborating w/ team members.
Qualifications and Skills:
- 2-5 years of Kubernetes experience is a MUST!
- Must be able to clearly and concisely articulate Kubernetes experience
- Rigour in software engineering best practices, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and DevOps
- Be proficient in Computer Science fundamentals in design, data structures, algorithm design, problem-solving, and complexity analysis.
- Excellent written, verbal, leadership and interpersonal skills.
- Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and management to collect requirements, describe software product features, and technical designs
- Start-up experience is a plus.
- Comfortable working in an agile/lean environment.
- Be hardworking.
- Have grit, growth mindset.
Must complete this assessment to be fully considered for the position. Not completing the assessment will result in immediate disqualification.