The graphic designer job description includes the entire process of defining requirements, visualizing and creating graphics including illustrations, logos, layouts and photos. You’ll be the one to shape the visual aspects of several designs including websites and products. Your graphics should capture the attention of those who see them and communicate the right message. For this, you need to have a creative flair and a strong ability to translate requirements into design.
You are required to communicate well and work methodically as part of a team.
Roles & Responsibilities
● Study design briefs and determine requirements
● Schedule projects and define budget constraints
● Conceptualize visuals based on requirements
● Prepare rough drafts and present ideas
● Develop illustrations, logos and other designs using software or by hand
● Use the appropriate colors and layouts for each graphic
● Work with copywriters and creative director to produce the final design
● Test graphics across various media
● Amend designs after feedback
● Ensure final graphics and layouts are visually appealing and on-brand Requirements
● Proven graphic designing experience
● A strong portfolio of illustrations or other graphics
● Familiarity with design software and technologies (such as InDesign, Illustrator, Dreamweaver, Photoshop)
● A keen eye for aesthetics and details
● Excellent communication skills
● Ability to work methodically and meet deadlines.