The microgrid digitalization engineer will support the company’s technical team to achieve the mandate of using technology to enhance employee decision-making in the plant, field, and office. The role manages the delivery of products and solutions to fulfill the company’s digitization strategy.
- Contribute to the completion of the company’s digitization strategy
- Ensure successful transition from Project to Product by providing onsite support.
- Assist or lead in developing supplier/vendor/subcontractor strategy for service delivery.
- Contribute to the conceptualizing, planning, designing and implementing of microgrid digitization initiatives.
- Manage a wide range of complex stakeholder relationships and maintain a deep understanding of the needs of stakeholders to ensure all activities deliver the greatest value.
- Constantly strive to improve customer satisfaction ensuring the highest level of operational service delivery.
- Manage the project execution(s) through project completion ensuring compliance with the proposed solution and project business case.
- Manage communication and interactions with stakeholders for status reporting, review scope of services, and timely delivery.
- Serve as Product Owner for specific digitalization solutions and manage the life-cycle of these products.
- Provide regular status updates to management while managing contractors, and vendors with a variety of personality types and professional backgrounds.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Expertise and understanding of project/program management techniques and methods.
- Knowledge of the ecosystem of power/energy sector digitization tools and solutions.
- Understanding of the operations of utilities, smart grids and power systems.
- Ability to manage a wide range of complex stakeholder relationships and have confidence in challenging the status quo
- Ability to work in complex multiple stakeholder environments, and complete plans on schedule.
- Ability to understand technical issues in collaboration with engineers and other technical specialists.
- Knowledge of power sector digitization solutions and IT/OT principles and practices, industry standards, procedures, and trends.
- Awareness of relevant regulations, policies and standards relevant to power sector digitization
- Familiarity with specifications and quality assurance requirements for new products, materials, and equipment and systems used in the electric utility industries.
- Excellent knowledge of power generation and transmission, IT/OT, and operational systems.
- Ability to effectively communicate/collaborate with technology experts and subject matter experts.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills. Ability to drive innovation and manage project execution.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Invested in customer success and driven to continuously improve customer service and user experience to drive value for the end user.
- Ability to gather technical, functional, and user requirements for future project initiation.
- Ability to anticipate key milestones and project dependencies/downstream implications to ensure succession, presentation, and collaboration skills.
- Ability to identify risks and escalate appropriately.
- Ability to navigate conflict and resolve situations in favor of Program goals.
- Ability to independently compare technologies, identify key differentiators and make advisory recommendations to maximize value.
- Knowledge on influencing tactics to achieve favorable outcomes.
- Ability to travel on demand to project sites to conduct onsite evaluations, vendor coordination, customer support, training, and change management
Education, Experience and Certifications
- Minimum of a Bachelors in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Industrial and Systems Engineering, or a similar relevant qualification.
- 1+ years of relevant experience
- PMP certification preferred.