Our Client is looking to hire an Internal Control and Audit Lead to oversee the below roles and responsibilities.
- Minimum Qualification: Degree
- Experience Level: Senior level
- Experience Length: 5 years
- Develop and implement internal control policies and procedures.
- Conduct risk assessment and identify areas of internal control improvement.
- Design and execute audit plans to evaluate the effectiveness of internal controls.
- Analyzing financial statements and accounting records.
- Ensure compliance with relevant laws and regulations.
- Recommend actions to mitigate risks and improve control environment.
- Monitor and report on the progress of control improvement initiatives.
- Collaborate with external auditors and provide necessary support during audits.
- Daily review of Trade Finance deal slips and bank instructions to the register as well as review of purchase instructions for completeness, accuracy and risk mitigation.
- Daily report of FX funds yet to be received and unpaid naira for forward transactions.
- Custody and monitoring of signed letterheads for safety and seamless transactions.
- Timely review and report of the bank reconciliation statements.
- Regular review of internal control policies and reports on weaknesses.
- Supervisory role and monitoring for liquidations in order to ensure safety of funds authenticity of transactions.
- Responsible for the review, evaluation and monitoring of the activities of all non-financial SBUs.
- Assessment and review of physical and environmental risks.
- Timely audit of employee documents such as address, education, work history, references/guarantors etc.
- Call over review of deal transactions.
- Regular review of general ledger and report on observations.
- Bachelors Degree in any numerate discipline
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in internal control or audit roles.
- ACA/ ICAN/ACCA/CISA will be required.
- Minimum of 5-8 years cognate experience in a financial institution.
- Must have ability to think strategically.
- Good knowledge of Nigeria Tax laws.
- Good understanding and interpretation of policy and procedure.
- Good understanding of computer applications.
- Must possess resilience, tenacity and integrity.
- Must have organizational and coordination skills
- Possess knowledge and understanding of Risk Management and Financial Standards.
- Communication and listening; gathering information.
- Strong knowledge of internal control frameworks and risk assessment methods.
- Proficiency in analytical tools and Microsoft Office applications.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the Jobberman Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.