Hygiene Promotion Officer
We are currently looking for an individual to fill the role of hygiene Promotion Officer who will be responsible in ensuring quality implementation of the public health promotion and non-food items distribution of the WASH Project
- Minimum Qualification: Degree
- Experience Level: Mid level
- Experience Length: 3 years
YIPDI is a Youth-led non-profit organization assisting in humanitarian and developmental context to the most vulnerable and marginalized populations affected by disaster and conflict, especially children, women, and men segregated by age in northeast Nigeria (Borno, Adamawa, and Yobe), Northwest, as well as South-South Nigeria. YIPDI is an organization strife to promote peace, protect rights; and restore and improve the well-being of vulnerable and marginalized populations. Our areas of intervention include protection (CP, GBV, HLP) Education, WASH, Food Security Livelihood, Health and Nutrition, Peacebuilding, and women empowerment.
- In coordination with the WASH Programme Manager, revising and adapting hygiene promotion training and IEC materials in line with the local context (should be drawn up as a communication plan) and in line with the target groups to be trained.
- Continually assessing emergency needs, as requested, especially taking in the broader perspective of public health.
- Plan beneficiary selection and registration, and lead the distribution of NFI kits with the Field Assistant team.
- Prepare training tools on relevant technical topics and conduct training for both internal staff and external stakeholders.
- Assist the WASH Program Manager in the development of technical guidelines and tools for hygiene promotion services.
- Representing the organization at local level WASH meetings and technical working groups relating to Public health promotion and NFI distribution as required by your line manager.
- Setting performance missions for staff under direct management, conducting one-to-one meetings and performance appraisal in line with YIPDI’s performance management policies as well as identifying areas where support and capacity building is required.
- To ensure the WASH component of the project is implemented according to the approved donor and government agreements
- Conduct baseline assessment on community needs, existing WASH-related initiatives (water supply, sanitation, and hygiene), existing infrastructures and capacities in WASH, and identify the project intervention’s sites
- Prepare annual, quarterly, and monthly action plans for project activities related to WASH, including a checklist for assessments, monitoring, review, and evaluation of project activities.
- Ensure goods and stocks are properly recorded and distributed by funding documentation.
- Ensure that WASH activities are integrated with other activities for optimum benefit of the beneficiaries
- Coordinate and attend WASH-related meetings at different levels
- Comply with all relevant policies and procedures concerning child protection, health and safety, security, equal opportunities, and other relevant policies.
- Minimum of a diploma in health, hygiene, and sanitation-related field
- Previous experience in supervising hygiene promotion activities with 3 years of relevant work experience
- Willing and ability to be based and travel regularly within remote areas, where services are limited
- Computer literacy (MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint)
- Fluency in English and Hausa Spoken and written
- Ability to Work in Partnership with government and other NGO staff
- Good interpersonal skills
- Ability to work within a team setting
- Independence, adaptability, and flexibility with good workload management, multitasking, and ability to meet tight deadlines
- Excellent communication skills
Location: Gajigana/ Nganzai
Youth Integrated for Positive Development Initiatives (YIPDI) provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without discrimination of race, colour, religion, sex, national origin, age, disabilities, or genetics
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the Jobberman Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.