An occupational health and safety technician is responsible for ensuring the safety of workers on construction sites. Monitors all activities to ensure everyone follows proper procedures and uses equipment correctly. They also investigate accidents or other incidents to determine their cause and how they might be prevented.
- Minimum Qualification: Degree
- Experience Level: Entry level
- Experience Length: 1 year
- Identify and monitor SHEQ legal compliance applicable to markets and projects.
- Maintain compliance with all safety regulations.
- Provide safety management, advice, monitoring, and reporting, and engage staff in programs that ensure safe workplace practices.
- Ensure the cleaning, hygiene, and transportation of clothes, PPE materials, and equipment under the guidelines of an occupational health professional.
- Investigate the construction site to ascertain equipment, production, and material processes do not pose a safety or health hazard to employees, work guests, and the general public.
- Communicating with workers to answer questions about safety procedures or any concerns they may have about the work environment.
- Assist the health professional in following defined rules and procedures.
- Verify the adequacy and safety of all work-proposed tools and equipment.
- Support the preparation of information for the Reporting of the activity of the area to provide rigorous and reliable information to support the analysis and decision-making and other functions inherent to the position's responsibility.
- B.Sc. or HND Degree
- 1-3 years of experience in related field
- Certification in Safety and Health
- Excellent communication skills.
Remuneration and Benefits:
- Base Salary
- Meal Allowance: NGN 1,400 for workdays.
- Health Insurance: Comprehensive coverage for you and eligible dependents.
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the Jobberman Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.