We seek to hire a suitable candidate to fill this position.
- Minimum Qualification: Degree
- Experience Level: Entry level
- Experience Length: 2 years
- Support the development of OHS policies and programs
- Advise and instruct on various safety-related topics (noise levels, use of machinery, etc.)
- Conduct risk assessment and enforce preventative measures
- Review existing policies and measures and update them according to legislation
- Initiate and organize OHS training of employees and executives
- Inspect premises and the work of personnel to identify issues or non-conformity (e.g. not using protective equipment)
- Stop any unsafe acts or processes that seem dangerous or unhealthy
- Record and investigate incidents to determine causes and handle worker’s compensation claims
- Prepare reports on occurrences and provide statistical information to upper management
- Ensure regular site inspections, planning safe working practices, and making necessary changes.
- Keeping up to date and ensuring compliance with current health and safety legislation
- Ensuring that equipment is installed correctly/safely
- Writing reports, bulletins, and newsletters
- BSc/BA in safety management, engineering, or a relevant field is preferred
- Candidate must possess Certification in occupational health and safety or any other related certifications.
- Minimum of 2 years experience as a safety officer
- Knowledge of potentially hazardous materials or practices
- Experience in writing reports and policies for health and safety
- Familiarity with conducting data analysis and reporting statistics
- Proficient in MS Office; Working knowledge of safety management information systems is a plus
- Outstanding organizational skills
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to present and explain health and safety topics
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the Jobberman Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.