- Oversee the daily overall operation of the institution, administrative staff, and office functions.
- Create an organizational structure that reflects the institution’s values, and enables the management systems, structures, and processes to work effectively in line with legal requirements.
- Carry out daily supervision of instruction and personnel evaluation.
- Coordinate teachers, staff, parents, and students towards implementing a high standard of education in the institution and in all external activities.
- Manage the annual operating plan, set short- and long-term objectives, and measure progress and achievement against the school Distinctives.
- Work with all appropriate parties to ensure the safety of the institution's environment and facilities. Communicate needs to the institution’s management and collaboratively work with them to define and execute upon a long-term facilities strategy.
- Write monthly Board reports highlighting accomplishments, progress toward goals, specific concerns, and general updates.
- Establish creative, responsive, and effective approaches to learning and teaching in line with the institution’s agreed on educational vision and values.
- Ensure effective planning, allocation, support, and evaluation of work undertaken by teams and individuals, including clear delegation of tasks and devolution of responsibilities.
- Monitor, evaluate and review classroom practice and promote improvement strategies.
- Challenge underperformance at all levels and ensure effective corrective action and follow-up.
- Actively participates in Board meetings on a scheduled basis.
- Where appropriate, and as directed by the Board, collaborate with and support the Advancement & Development initiatives, such as speaking at Open Houses and meeting with other local educators.
- Maintain an open-door policy to ensure parents feel welcome to discuss ideas and concerns; holds periodic Parent-Teacher engagements.
- Communicate with parents regarding significant events, policy changes, and curricular issues/changes/enhancements.
- Carry out some business development functions such as overseeing the institution’s registration and compliance with key regulators and strategic educational associations.
- Treat all people fairly, equitably, and with dignity and respect to create and maintain a positive culture in line with the institution’s agreed vision and values. Manage conflict effectively, seeking positive outcomes.
- Maintain excellent relationships with educators, learners, and parents.
- Take leadership in driving the vision, mission, and core values of the institution. Ensure staff does the same without compromise.
- Maintain correspondence with external bodies and agencies, such as the ministries, examination bodies, affiliates, service providers, parents, prospective parents.
- Be up to date in curriculum matters and ensure implementation as prescribed by national and international bodies.
- Responsible for registration of students for all external examinations.
- Maintain a safe, secure, and conducive environment for teaching and learning.
- Ensure continuous professional development programs for all teaching and non-teaching staff.
- Constantly seek novel ideas that will lead to all-round improvements in every department of the institution.
- Ensure effective and efficient cost-benefit analysis of all school inputs, processes, and outputs.
- Drive school enrolment and mobilize all stakeholders for population growth.
- Carry out quality control of the institution’s activities and staff recruitment to maintain a high standard of staffing and education.
- Bachelor’s Degree in the related field is required, a master’s degree will be an added advantage.
- 10+ years of experience in education, out of which 4 years as a Head of School.
- Possesses strong and compelling written and verbal communication skills. Has a gentle and gracious way with others while also energizing and inspiring staff and community to positive ends.
- Demonstrates an ability to effectively instruct, inspire and assess children in a variety of areas (academic, intellectual, social, physical, etc.) through creative, purposeful, and age-appropriate methods.
- Demonstrate the principles and practice of effective teaching and learning.
- Possesses strong administrative and organizational skills and demonstrates a facility with managing multiple tasks and parties through effective use of time and resources.
- Proficient computer skills, including Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, and Excel)
- Understanding and experience of using modern tech-driven educational materials
- Proven record of quickly assimilating into new environments, identifying areas for improvement and affecting change, while cultivating positive relationships.
The deadline for submission is Februry 27, 2021. Interviews are on a rolling basis to this date. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.