- Design, revise or update appropriate internal control, audit & compliance strategy, and framework for the bank.
- Ensure proper documentation, recording, and tagging of the company’s fixed assets.
- Liaise with external auditors
- Makes financial control-related recommendations on specific major projects or plans.
- Ensure that credit facilities to any customers or group of customers are in line with the regulatory guidelines; clearly defined internal policies and debt service capability.
- Monitoring of conditions subsequent to draw down for timely detection of documentation deficiencies.
- Ensure that all credits have been approved in accordance with the credit policy.
- Ensure that all pre-disbursement conditions have been met.
- Ensure that all collateral documents are properly kept and perfection carried out.
- Review approved credit for quality, performance, and compliance with approved terms & conditions in the credit policy. Ensure all credit is approved in accordance with the credit policy and any regulatory guidelines. prompt escalation of any deficiencies noted
- Carry out spot checks on loan customers to verify due diligence done prior to drawdown
- Identify all nonperforming accounts and pursue workout strategies in collaboration with loan officers
- Handle customer complaints (Fraud, disservice, etc) when the need arises
- Ensure that limits are monitored.
- Ensure that income, fees, maturing repayment & other charges are captured.
- Detection and escalation of unauthorized credit.
- Implementation of policy-driven credit-related sanctions.
- Preparation of exception report as required.
- Custody and maintenance of credit files.
- Ensure that a review of the portfolio is carried out on a quarterly basis
- Ensure that appropriate recommendations are implemented such that the desired level of credit quality and performance is attained and sustained.
- Take necessary measures to ensure adequate quality assurance in operation i.e. call over. General ledger proofing/ reconciliation, integrity test, departmental control, etc.
- Ensure proper verification of expenses before processing and disbursement of funds.
- Track bank deposits and payments through bank reconciliations
- Ensure compliance on report rendition to regulatory bodies.
- Ensure compliance with the bank rules, policies, and regulations.
- Review of the statutory returns to regulatory authorities and government agencies to ensure accuracy and timely rendition.
- Customers’ visitation for random deposit verification.
- Review the accuracy and reliability of financial transaction records – cash deposits, cash withdrawals, treasury bills investments, fixed deposits, and funds transfer.
- Involve in the thorough review of the bank’s accounting software, applications, digital platform, and authorizations or permissions for efficiency.
- Reviewed customers’ account opening documents for compliance with Know Your Customer (“KYC”) policy and anti-money laundering requirements.
- Ensure compliance with the bank’s policies and conduct daily, weekly, and monthly General Ledger (GL) reviews for reconciliation.
- Conduct sweep exercise and spot check on tellers and account officers.
- Schedules and plans audits; initiates project planning, assesses risk, and develops audit direction.
- Performs preliminary planning and establishes the direction for audits, provides leadership to assigned auditors, manages the project to quality outcomes while meeting established time budget.
- Carry out spot checks on operational activities at the branch, area, and regional levels and take action on infractions or non-compliance issues.
- Conduct periodic checks on the payroll.
- Ensure that prompt investigation of frauds, forgeries, breach of policies and procedures and serious customer complaints are conducted and ensure necessary action is taken on the outcome.
- Make recommendations for policy amendments based on emerging issues in audit and internal control.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities, as may be assigned by the Managing Director or by the Board.
- 3 years of experience in related roles
- OND, HND, or BSC in related courses
- Not more than 35 years of age
- Smart, intelligent, organized, and willing to work under pressure
Salary Range: 150,000 naira
Location: Broad Street, Lagos Island, Lagos state