Duties and Responsibilities
- Planning, designing implementation & managing the overall credit administration and credit risk management process for the bank by developing the credit risk management framework, policies, processes, procedures and reporting standards that define the bank’s credit risk strategy and appetite in line with its overall business objectives.
- Monitor the business development for emerging credit risks and recommends policies and procedures to improve the credit risk management process.
- Facilitate the identification, assessment, measurement, monitoring, controlling and reporting of the level of credit risks.
- Maintain oversight over the bank’s enterprise credit risk management activities.
- Provide support, education and training to staff in respect of credit administration as well as to create credit risk awareness.
- Ensures proper documentation of credits by adhering to set documentation standards and procedures.
- Define credit approval framework and recommend credit approval limits in line with bank’s policy.
- Analysis and appraisal of individual credit requests in accordance with approved policies and procedures to ensure that credit exposures are created subject to stipulated guidelines.
- Conduct periodic stress tests and scenario analysis, assessing the impact on the Bank’s credit portfolio and make appropriate recommendations to senior management for appropriate action.
- Support the loan recovery team, in negotiating workout plans and strategies for delinquent customers and provide additional support with respect to exposures that may require collection agencies or legal action.
- Review and analyze the delinquent portfolio to identify key causal factors, make recommendations and track them to ensure adequate and timely closure.
- Monitor violations of credit policies, provide analysis, conclusion and recommendations, present findings to senior management and suggest actions/penalties to be taken when appropriate.
- Prepare timely, comprehensive and reliable credit reports to senior management and board on regular basis flexibility to carry out any other task as requested by management.
Qualifications & Experience:
- A minimum of first degree or its equivalent in any discipline (additional qualification or degree in any finance or business-related discipline may be an advantage).
- A minimum of five (5) years post qualification experience out of which, at least four (4) must have been in the financial services industry and at least, two (2) at the senior management level.
- Evidence that the candidate possesses proven skills and competencies in practical microfinance banking.
- Evidence that the candidate has undergone the Microfinance Certification Programme and obtained a Certificate in Microfinance Banking issued by the Chartered Institute of Bankers of Nigeria (CIBN) will be an added advantage.
- Credit administration, credit analysis and appraisal skills.
- Outstanding communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal abilities.
- Strong marketing and marketing skills.
- Good team player with excellent leadership traits.
- Planning and organization skills.
- A high degree of professionalism, maturity and confidentiality.
- Strong interpersonal and presentation skills.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work within and manage a team of professionals, guiding and coordinating towards achieving common objectives.
- Influencing and Negotiating skills.
Location: Uyo, Akwa Ibom State