In addition to these functions, employees are required to carry out such duties as may reasonably be required
- Develop and maintain effective working relationships with all other employees and contractors at the Practice.
- Support and uphold an open, positive and honest working culture
- To manage the practice caseload in partnership with other practitioners to ensure quality outcomes for patients and carers.
- To act as an accountable General Practitioner, managing clinical care and facilitating general management through a partnership with the practice management team.
- To produce and comply with a work plan developed in partnership with the appropriate Line manager and Practice Manager to ensure all practice and other work is delivered appropriately and safely.
- To provide appropriate medical leadership as appropriate to practice requirements.
- To identify and utilize appropriately best practices through benchmarking and clinical guidelines
- To be actively involved in developmental processes within the practice, in partnership with other practices as appropriate, for other service enhancements.
- To take ownership and provide leadership to the practice team in specified clinical areas as part of the practice development program.
- To promote through leadership the use of end-of-life strategies to deliver high-quality palliative care.
- To develop positive collaborative working relationships across all areas of the care team (primary, secondary and social care) and with family & other caregivers.
- To undertake appropriate clinical risk assessments and implement management strategies for risk identified.
- To be actively involved and engaged in the practice and wider team meetings and forums to promote communication and development
- Participate in activities required to assess compliance with Medical Practice and Niyot Medical Ltd Fundamental Standards
Clinical Governance/Research and Audit:
- To work collaboratively with the Clinical Lead and the entire team to ensure that effective clinical governance is incorporated in the day-to-day practice in the Medical Practice.
- To undertake an appropriate audit in practice to identify clinical quality issues and markers and define processes to improve clinical outcomes and ensure practice delivers care.
- To take part in appropriate Research and Development (R&D) and audit processes within the practice as agreed in line with primary care division priorities.
- To develop and implement as appropriate guidelines, policies, and procedures as required.
- To utilize the latest available evidence to shape and organize services to reflect the needs of the practice population.
- To develop and maintain high levels of communication with patients and carers ensuring effective care delivery.
- To promote effective communication processes between all team members to enable good working practices.
- To maintain communication processes with acute and other colleagues and partners in care to ensure care delivery.
- To actively engage in effective communication with Niyot Medical Ltd.'s managerial support processes to ensure equity of service delivery and target achievement.
Confidentiality: In the course of your employment you will have access to confidential information relating to the business of this unit. You are required to exercise due consideration in processing such information and you should not act in any way which might be prejudicial to the Unit’s interests. Information, which may be included in the category which requires extra consideration, covers both access to the general business of the unit and information regarding individuals. If you are in doubt regarding the use of information in the pursuit of your duties, you should seek advice from your line manager prior to communicating any information to a third party.
Data Protection: The post holder will, if required to do so, obtain, process, and/or use information held on a computer or work processor in a fair and lawful way. Data will only be held for a specific registered purpose and data will not be disclosed to any unauthorized persons or organizations.
Qualifications and Experience required:
- Medical degree.
- 1-year post Nysc work experience
- Valid License to practice from the Medical and Dental Council of Nigeria.
- Full MDCN Registration.
- Current medical experience in general practice.
- At least 6 months A&E and acute medical or surgical experience.
- Demonstrable ability to relate well to challenging patients, carers, relatives, and staff.
- Experience of working with the socially deprived, nursing home, chronic medical conditions, mental health, and HIV positive patients.
- Publications in the field of General Medicine or surgery.
- Firsthand experience of developing services in a constantly changing environment and to tight budgetary constraints.
- Ability to demonstrate an understanding of broad perspectives of service delivery
- Understanding of contracting, finance, service delivery, and activity monitoring.
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to identify and assess complex and multiple needs.
- Awareness of safety issues.
- Ability to work with a multi-disciplinary team.
- Minor Surgery, Sexual Health, and Family Planning.
- Training and research skills.
- Stress Management and Counselling Skills.
- Management Skills
- Experience in Electronic Medical Software / Systems.
- Creative thinker.
- Confident and professional.
- General medicine
- Obstetrics and Gynaecology
- Interest in mental health issues
- Substance misuse experience
Work hours: Normally 40 hours per week, subject to achievement of goals and objectives and the covering of vacant shifts.
Location: Lekki Phase1, Lagos.