About the Job:
- Be part of a cross-functional team, with a large amount of ownership and responsibility for managing things directly.
- Ship high-quality solutions with a sense of urgency and speed.
- Work closely with product managers, other teams, and both internal and external stakeholders, owning a large part of the process from problem understanding to shipping the solution.
- Have the freedom to suggest and drive organization-wide initiatives.
- You will be responsible for managing the development of product features and select approach supporting infrastructure.
- You will help prioritize work for your team (as soon as we grow to accommodate additional team members), making difficult tradeoffs on design based on business constraints, ensuring on-time deliverables and high-quality software.
- You will provide hands-on technical management, guidance, and support including system/design/code review, and ultimately be responsible for the health of the systems.
- You will participate in interviewing, hiring decisions, onboarding, and mentoring new junior engineers with the goal of quickly making them productive members of your team.
- You will develop a team culture of ownership, and innovation that reinforces the core values of InstaDash
- Experience with Google Firebase
- Experience with using dashboard tools such as MS PowerBI
- Experience with relational databases [Postgres / MySQL]
- Experience building APIs [GraphQL (Preferable) / REST]
- Experience with HTML/CSS/JS
- Experience with at least one SPA framework/library [React / Vue / Angular]
Nice to haves:
- Experience with Ruby on Rails
- Have worked on web applications in the past
- Collaborated closely with cross-functional teams
- Experience integrating and weaving together multiple internal systems
- Familiar with SPA vs SSR vs Static Sites, trade-offs, performance considerations
- 5+ years relevant web and app product development experience • Excited by constantly learning new technologies & skillsets - thrives in a collaborative team environment
- Ownership over systems and team that you work with
- Advocate for improving software & process
- Partner closely with cross-functional teams including infrastructure and other product teams across the company to deliver a consistently great user experience.
- As part of a core/critical business function, be able to produce good written technical documentation as an effective means of communication with the rest of the organization
- Be ready to lead the planning, design, implementation, rollout, and operation of product features
There is a tremendous amount of opportunity in front of us, and joining now gives you a chance to grow your career and interests as we succeed together.