As a Financial Reporting Accountant, your job duties include reviewing accounting records, analyzing the data for specific reports, and creating required reports. More specifically, you will maintain up-to-date supporting schedules for balances, attain completion of month-end closes, and define creative ways of executing functional activities to enhance service delivery. You will also aggregate schedules and third-party documents in readiness for external audit exercises and other statutory inspections.
- Minimum Qualification:Degree
- Experience Level:Entry level
- Experience Length:2 years
- Accurate and timely completion of internal financial reports to aid management decision making
- Daily posting of transactions and prompt updates of supporting schedules
- Timely and up-to-date reconciliation of balances
- Implement budgetary control by analyzing actual versus budget variances and providing insight on reasons for anomalies
- Ensure that transactional documentations are complete with all the requisite approvals obtained before such transactions are processed
- Perform daily call-over of transactions to ensure that errors and/or irregularities are discovered promptly and escalated
- Ensure that general ledger accounts are proofed monthly and overaged open items are identified and escalated
- Ensure timely update and preparation of accrual, amortization, and depreciation schedules and relevant entries posted by month end
- Engage in monthly reconciliation of assets and liabilities sub-ledgers
- Maintain digital financial records of supporting documents for transactions
- Aggregate schedules and third-party documents in readiness for external audit exercises and other statutory inspections
- 2 - 3 years of working experience in financial control of a fintech or financial services firm
- Extensive knowledge of accounting standards (IFRS), principles, and Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Analysis and reconciliation of financial information
- Candidate must be proficient in computer applications; especially Microsoft excel, accounting software, and other related applications
- Accountable, reliable, and can work with minimal supervision
- Ability to relate with various internal and external stakeholders such as internal colleagues, auditors, bankers, and tax authorities.
- Communicate in a clear and concise manner bother written and oral and good listening skills
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the Jobberman Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.