Our Client is an independent, international engineering and project management consultancy with 140 years of experience. Backed by the expertise and experience of 6,000 colleagues all over the world, our professionals combine global expertise with local knowledge to deliver a multidisciplinary range of consultancy services for the entire living environment from over 140 countries. Our Client has been connecting people for 140 years. Together, through our expertise and passion, we have helped contribute to a better society and improved people’s lives with work underpinned by our sustainable values and goals. We are an independent global multi-disciplinary engineering and project management consultancy leading the way in sustainable development and innovation, with over 6,000 professionals in more than 150 countries. You will become part of our global Mission Critical Facilities (MCF) team, who provide a multidisciplinary package of consultancy services for our data center clients. We provide strategic, tactical, and operational advice to our clients, including colocation datacentres, internet service providers, and telecom companies. Our team consists of colleagues with all kinds of different expertise. For example, electrical engineering, mechanical engineering, construction, civil, structure, building, architecture, fire safety, control engineering, and security technology. Together we use our knowledge and expertise to develop integrated designs for Data Centres. You will join a leading market and work with a dedicated and passionate team ranked as one of the best Data Centre design & engineering teams globally. You will join the Industry & Buildings Advisory Group, which forms part of our Business Line in Nigeria. You will be based at our Lagos office.
- Minimum Qualification:Degree
- Experience Level:Mid level
- Experience Length:3 years
- Efficiently engineer and model design using technical and 3D/BIM modeling skills
- Engineering the electrical design in project teams under the guidance of the Lead Engineer
- Develop diagrams of the electrical installation and coordinate with other disciplines for the initial space reservations
- Modeling the electrical installation in 3D Revit/BIM based on diagrams and coordinated space reservation
- Implement your knowledge based on functionality, accountability, accessibility, and maintainability into the model to ensure that the contractor can build it according to our model without revising it.
- Work within a multidisciplinary team across borders.
- In addition to participating in projects, contribute to the optimization of internal business processes and to safeguarding and sharing knowledge within the field.
- BSc/BEng degree in Electrical Engineering
- Progress toward professional registration with COREN will be advantageous
- Minimum experience, knowledge & skills:
- Minimum of 3 years post graduate relevant, multi-disciplinary experience, preferably within a consulting engineering environment
- BIM and Revit experience are non-negotiable.
- BIM360, Revizto, Dynamo, and Python experience are advantageous.
- Proven experience in the electrical engineering field with an in-depth knowledge of Electrical Building Services, Electrical
- Design and Electrical Regulations.
- Experience with data centers / mission-critical facilities advantageous
- A thorough knowledge of the OHS Act, pertinent SANS and IEC codes and standards, and industry practices.
- Enthusiastic, go-getter attitude
- Accurate and detail-oriented with good organizational skills (plan and prioritize)
- Ability to meet multiple deadlines and handle pressure
- Excellent communication skills (at all levels and across cultures)
- Excellent team relationship skills
- The ability to work independently and with limited supervision.
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the Jobberman Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.