- Provides specific quantity surveying/cost engineering support for projects as assigned
- Provides project control expertise, procedures, and review capabilities, including risk, uncertainty, and sensitivity analyses.
- Formulates cost analysis strategies and develop cost plans from detailed estimates/contracts for use in project controls.
- Maintains a cost coding structure (Work Breakdown Structure and Cost Breakdown Structure) for cost control purposes and maintains the integrity of project cost database.
- Assists and advises project manager and colleague in relation to costs and VOWD.
- Coordinates cost estimating activity and inputs from various disciplines and departments.
- Compiles, checks, and benchmarks cost estimation data.
- Estimates the project cost based on the Bill of materials, labour cost, and project specification to express the most representative cost estimate.
- Collects and updates market price data of materials, equipment, and manpower to be used in the cost estimate.
- Analyses project cost estimate of the project based on economic parameters.
- Performs sensitivity analysis on the estimates and cash flow forecasts to determine cash requirements and potential problem areas and corrective action to be taken.
- Provides timely Management Summary Cost Reports.
Competency and Skills Requirements:
- Working knowledge of a broad range of Cost Control/ Estimating Systems, Tools and Practices
- Good cost estimating skills.
- Proficient in Project Control
- Good interpersonal and leadership skills
- Good communications skills (i.e., report writing and presentation)
- Demonstrated proficiency in computer skills, including all Microsoft products.
Qualifications & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or other relevant disciplines.
- 6 - 10 years of related experience.
- Minimum of 5 years working experience in the cost control and estimating of a major oil field, petrochemical, or oil and gas handling projects.
- Resilient and hardworking
- Independent and stress-resistant
- People Management knowledge
- Prepared to travel and work irregular hours
Key Performance Indicators:
- Percentage accurate cost estimation
- Percentage cost reduction (Planned vs. Actual)
- Timely delivery of cost estimate
- Percentage on-budget projects
- •Timely management summary cost report