- This function shall include, but may not be limited to the following, which may be revised from time to time as indicated by changes in operational requirements.
- Responsible for operating and carrying out maintenance of the FPSO’s process systems, associated equipment and utilities safely, with minimal environmental impact in accordance with legislation, class, flag and the Facility Management System.
- Responsible for the operations of the control panel in the Control Room, ensuring that levels are maintained/adjusted for optimum production
- Responsible for all production activities while in charge of a shift.
- Supervise and carry out maintenance and repair work, shutdowns, isolations and planned maintenance.
- Be familiar with the facility’s process plants safe operation and maintenance and is fully knowledgeable of safety requirements, including work permit systems, operational and emergency procedures, Company policy and instructions and that the production staff under his control are aware of and understand them.
- Ensure that all information entered in logs, reports, production records and AMOS is accurate and conforms to the Facility Management System.
- Able to recognize anomalies, identify cause and take immediate remedial steps as per prescribed procedures.
- Liaise with Materials Coordinator for stores and spare gear and monitor consumption for Production Department materials.
- Together with the Production Supervisor, prepare daily work schedule and assignment of duties.
- Gather and compile data for daily production reports and maintain a comprehensive log of all production activities.
- Perform gas tests and isolations as per permit to work and safe entry permits specific to the process systems.
- Carry out various laboratory analysis oil/water, SRB cultivation, cooling water tests, etc. in accordance with procedures.
- Monitor and maintain chemical injection equipment and periodically review dosage rates of process fluids/gas efficiently.
- To carry out performance and compliance testing of wells, diagnosis and optimisation of production systems.
- To perform oil quality testing when required.
- Monitor pipework condition via corrosion probe readings and iron counts.
- To supervise and support contractors activities onboard and ensure work is carried out in a safe and efficient manner and in compliance with Facility Management System.
- To act as Production Supervisor when required.
- Be aware of and uphold company policy regarding “Health, Safety and Environment” and “Environmental Protection Policy”.
- Liaise with the Production Supervisor for stores and spares and monitor consumption.
Qualifications and Experience
- Experience as production supervisor or at least 10 years as technician on an FPSO or similar facility with experience in the operation and maintenance of process equipment
- Experience with Safety Management Systems and computerised Planned
Maintenance Systems preferred.
- Engineering trade, hydrocarbons production or other relevant qualification.
- Good personal and interpersonal skills, fluent in English and culturally aware with experience of working with multicultural workforce preferred.