- Install, maintain, or repair electronics, security systems, alarm devices, or related equipment, following blueprints of electrical layouts and building plans.
- Install, assemble and connect electrical components, equipment, or systems.
- Repair electrical components.
- Splicing and installation of Fibre Optic cables
- Mount and fasten control panels, door and window contacts, sensors, or video cameras and attach electrical and telephone wiring to connect components.
- Position equipment using hand tools, power tools, or heavy equipment.
- Demonstrate systems for customers and explain details, such as the causes and consequences of false alarms.
- Explain the use of products or services.
- Test and repair circuits and sensors, following wiring and system specifications.
- Test electrical circuits or components for proper functioning.
- Repair electrical circuits or wiring.
- Estimate damage and calculate the cost of materials
- Repair malfunctions in circuitry and other system structures
- Feed cables through access holes, roof spaces or cavity walls to reach fixture outlets, positioning and terminating cables, wires, or strapping.
- Lay cables to connect equipment.
- Examine systems to locate problems, such as loose connections or broken insulation.
- Monitor and report on Project’s process
- Inspect equipment to locate or identify electrical problems
- Inform clients about faulty equipment and ensure they fill Installation/Maintenance forms
- Update reports and maintain inventory
- Read and comprehend complex manuals and diagrams
- Give feedback to the Customer Service unit by sending/providing adequate reports on clients’ equipment.
- Proven experience(3 years) as a Security Systems technician or installer
- Experience with board-level repairs.
- Experience in an electronic system or phone repairs will be an added advantage.
- Minimum of OND in Electrical or Electronic Engineering
Context & Environment:
Work Location: Lagos. Candidate must live within the Oworonshoki, Gbagada, Victoria Island, Ikoyi, Lekki, Ajah axis.