- Analysing existing operations, crops, staff, and recommending improvements.
- Developing improved planting, cultivation and harvesting techniques; improving crop yield.
- Preparing plans and schedules for planting and harvesting and ensuring staff understands expectations.
- Assisting with seed, stem or plant sourcing, testing and selection.
- Visiting the different divisions to inspect crops; perform tests on soil and water.
- Keeping detailed record regarding fields, climate & weather patterns, customers, crops and samples.
- Scheduling repairs, maintenance, and replacement of equipment and machinery.
- Ensuring all staff adheres to health and safety regulations.
- Assisting with the recruitment and training of new staff.
- Training subordinates on products and techniques through educational presentation.
- Building professional networks and keeping abreast of developments in agricultural science.
- Conducting regular market research to guide on crop production that will yield best Return on Investment.
- HND in Agronomy with a minimum of 2 years of agronomy work experience
- In-depth knowledge of soil and crop principles
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Word and Excel
- Good research and analytical skills
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Good listening skills
- Critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Awareness of industry trend, technology, and developments