UNICEF works in some of the worldâs toughest places, to reach the worldâs most disadvantaged children. To save their lives. To defend their rights. To help them fulfill their potential.
Across 190 countries and territories, we work for every child, everywhere, every day, to build a better world for everyone.
And we never give up.
For every child, Protection
The fundamental mission of UNICEF is to promote the rights of every child, everywhere, in everything the organization does â in Programmes, in advocacy and in Operations. The equity strategy, emphasizing the most disadvantaged and excluded children and families, translates this commitment to childrenâs rights into action. For UNICEF, equity means that all children have an opportunity to survive, develop and reach their full potential, without discrimination, bias or favoritism. To the degree that any child has an unequal chance in life â in its social, political, economic, civic and cultural dimensions â her or his rights are violated. There is growing evidence that investing in the health, education and protection of a societyâs most disadvantaged citizens â addressing inequity â not only will give all children the opportunity to fulfill their potential but also will lead to sustained growth and stability of countries. This is why the focus on equity is so vital. It accelerates progress towards realizing the human rights of all children, which is the universal mandate of UNICEF, as outlined by the Convention on the Rights of the Child, while also supporting the equitable development of nations.
In Nigeria, UNICEF works in a complex humanitarian and development setting to fulfill and protect children's rights in partnership with the government, civil society, children, and families. UNICEF Nigeria is one of the largest UNICEF Country Offices globally - click the link to learn more about UNICEF in Nigeria:Â
How can you make a difference?
Under the general supervision of the Administrative Officer (NOA), serves as Principal Assistant for carrying out the management of the personal property, equipment, tooling, and physical capital assets that are acquired and used by UNICEF Nigeria. The incumbent recommends repairs and maintains end item deliverables.
Property management involves the processes, systems and manpower required to manage the life cycle of all acquired property as defined above including acquisition, control, accountability, responsibility, maintenance, utilization, and disposition, as indicated by the requirements and structure of the organization.
Summary of key functions/accountabilities:Monitoring of Property & Equipment and Consumable Stocks: Analysis, Maintenance and Update of Property and Equipment in Computerized Records: Generating mAsset Barcode and Printing of Labels, Mail and Pouches: Processing of Damaged and Obsolete Equipment and Report for Property Survey Board (PSB) Focal Point for Pouch and Courier Services: Performs any Other Duties and Responsibilities Assigned as Required
1. Monitoring of Property, Plant and Equipment and Consumable Stocks:Ensure property and equipment received are in accordance with the purchase order specification. Receipt and issuance of assets and consumable stocks within 12 Hours of receipt of requests. Effective and clear management of storage facility for Assets and consumable stocks in all UNICEF NCO Admin Stocks. Removal of all junks and none used materials from the store by obtaining approval from Admin Specialist. Cleaning and organizing of all Admin Stores on monthly basis. Transfer of assets and consumable stocks to field offices within 24 Hours of receipt of the requests. Update of inventory in VISION within 6 Hours of transfer, receipt, and release of assets. Update of Bin Cards on assets and consumable stocks effective immediately. Monthly report on consumable stocks by ensuring accuracy and matching of records both in Excel and Bin Cards. Removal and disposal of all old files, documents, and paper in consideration of the UNICEF Archiving policy.
2. Analysis, Maintenance and Update of Property and Equipment in Computerized Records:Update of inventory in VISION on daily basis Update of staff rooming list on monthly basis Liaison with ICT section on equipment release to staff members via online platform. Prepare list of all obsolete assets, items and any other items laying in the store on monthly basis and submit to Supervisor for action.
3. Generating mAsset Barcode and Printing of Labels, Mail and Pouches:Generate Lite-AMR for asset within 12 Hours of receipt of requests. Print barcode and tagging of classified asset within 12 Hours of receipt of requests. Send Printed Barcode to Field Offices within 24 Hours of receipt of requests. Active and direct participate in the asset verification / count exercise at the end of each year.
4. Processing of Damaged and Obsolete Equipment and Report for Property Survey Board (PSB):Prepare excel report on identified damaged and obsolete equipment for disposal on monthly basis. Liaison with ICT section for cleaning of approved PSB ICT equipment at the end of each month. Liaison with vendors in auction sales of approved PSB items immediately after completion of the sale. Liaison with Abuja Environmental Protection Board (AEPB) in the disposal / destruction of approved PSB items within 24 Hours of the request submitted to staff. Maintenance of relevant PSB electronic records effective immediately.
5. Focal Point for Pouch and Courier Services:Handling of pouch for office and Field office's Prepare, record and sort per office Receive diplomatic pouch from common service Open the bag in the presence of my supervisor Sort it out and distribute according to individual recipient Dispatch and receive mails: Receive all incoming mails from the common services. Distribute mails to Staff members. Receive all official mails from sections register them and dispatch. Monitoring and follow up on Bills. Assist with follow up on UPS, MTN, 9 Mobile and DHL bills. Review UPS bill and prepare personal staff personal bills. Scan Invoices to Finance and save copies in SharePoint..
6. Performs any other duties and responsibilities assigned as required:Any other task assigned by Supervisor or Head of Unit.
QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE AND COMPETENCIES REQUIRED:
Completion of Secondary School education preferably supplemented by technical or university level courses in administration, finance, or other related field of discipline relevant to the job.
A minimum of 4 years of relevant progressively administrative work experience including office management. Skills.
For every Child, you demonstrate...
UNICEFâs Core Values of Care, Respect, Integrity, Trust and Accountability and Sustainability (CRITAS) underpin everything we do and how we do it. Get acquainted with Our Values Charter: UNICEF Values
UNICEF competencies required for this post areâ¦
(1) Builds and maintains partnerships (2) Demonstrates self-awareness and ethical awareness (3) Drive to achieve results for impact (4) Innovates and embraces change (5) Manages ambiguity and complexity (6) Thinks and acts strategically (7) Works collaboratively with others.
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the Jobberman Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.