Our client in the energy products industry is seeking to hire a meticulous and dedicated accountant with a background in audit to join their team. The selected candidate will play a pivotal role in ensuring precise financial management and reporting. The candidate would have a keen eye for detail and strong knowledge of auditing principles, thus contributing to the success and financial well-being of the establishment.
- Minimum Qualification: HND
- Experience Level: Entry level
- Experience Length: 2 years
- Manage all financial operations, including accounts payable, accounts receivable, general ledger, and payroll processing.
- Prepare and analyze financial statements, budgets, data and variance reports, offering insights to support strategic decision-making by management.
- Conduct internal audits to assess financial processes and identify area of improvement
- Prepare audit reports, highlight findings, discrepancies and recommended actions
- Conduct monthly reconciliation of all balance sheet accounts.
- Oversee daily cash flow management, ensuring the availability of sufficient funds for operational needs.
- Coordinate and review all financial transactions, ensuring compliance with internal policies and accounting standards.
- Prepare and file tax returns while ensuring compliance with tax regulations and reporting requirements.
- Assist in financial forecasting and planning to support the organization's growth.
- Compute PAYE, VAT taxes, and render returns.
- Prepare monthly payroll.
- Maintain and manage internal controls and financial documents to safeguard assets and maintain financial transparency.
- Keep abreast of financial and auditing regulations as well as industry trends to ensure the implementation of best practices in financial management.
- Update internal systems with financial data.
- Ensure all transactions are captured in the company's ERP (Peachtree).
- Review and implement financial policies.
- Academic qualification of a Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, or a related field.
- Minimum of 2 - 3 years of experience as an Accountant (audit background is required)
- Strong knowledge of accounting principles, financial reporting & analysis, audit procedures & standards, and taxation.
- Proficiency in using accounting software and MS Office applications.
- Exceptional analytical and problem-solving skills with meticulous attention to detail.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively within a team-oriented environment.
- Strong organizational and time management skills, with a demonstrated ability to meet tight deadlines.
- Excellent communication, analytical, problem solving and interpersonal skills for effective collaboration with colleagues and stakeholders.
- Membership in a recognized accounting professional body is an advantage.
Remuneration: NGN 100,000 - 120,000 (Monthly Gross)
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the Jobberman Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.