Responsibilities of Youth Counsellors
- Conduct periodic appointments with clients who wish to talk to a counsellor/therapist
- Establish positive and trusting relationships with clients
- Implement approved guidelines/protocols in providing guidance and appropriately addressing the client situations.
- Continually assess client situations and provide the proper ongoing support
- Maintain adequate records about client engagements
- Refer clients to outside sources or agencies that can better address their specific needs when required.
- Maintain the strictest confidentiality of each and every client situation
- Maintaining good working relationships with support networks, government resources, and community resources
Requirements and Skills
- Familiarity with video conferencing and online collaboration tools especially Zoom
- Ability to work independently and manage simple tasks with little or no supervision.
- Good interpersonal skills combined with excellent phone, email and instant messaging communication skills.
- Proven capacity to deliver results in line with objectives, reporting schedules and workplans.
- Fluency in written and spoken English.
- Strong time management and decision-making skills.
- Must be available to counsel clients online for a minimum of 2 hours per week via Zoom.
- Minimum of a Bachelors degree in psychology, counseling, social work, or a related field
All engagements between counsellors and clients will strictly be online and the therapy/counselling sessions will strictly be delivered via Zoom