Our client, a British Nursery and Primary school in Abuja seeks the services of an
experienced caregiver for immediate employment. The school provides a
happy, safe and engaging learning environment where all children are encouraged
to reach their full potential.
Job Location: FCT, Abuja.
The ideal candidate will be tasked to work with children aged 0-5; caring and supervising the children who need assistance in their daily activities. The job holder will be required to provide services in a friendly manner and in a way that they will help in the overall development or welfare of children in their care.
· Assist in the proper implementation of child care and development.
· Maintain a healthy relationship with the children in his/her care.
· Treat all children with care and compassion; upholding all safety standards.
· Providing care for children, such as setting schedules and routines, grooming, feeding, changing diapers, and cleaning rooms and toys.
· Maintaining a safe workplace by monitoring children for health, behavioral, and emotional issues and reporting concerns to staff and parents.
· Working with parents to help children progress towards educational and behavioral goals.
· Maintain a clean, sanitary, and orderly classroom.
· Prepare nutritional food choices for children and encourage them to try new things.
· Helping children become aware of their roles as integral members of a group.
· Supervise the development of the child and other changes that may arise from different caregiving processes.
· Know the proper program that will work for a specific child depending on his or her needs, interest, and wants.
· Help in the preparation of the environment where child care will be given.
- Respect and fondness for children.
· Being patient in taking care of children.
· Ability to let children understand why they need to do specific things.
· Exceptional patience and ability to remain calm at all times.
· Knowledge and experience working with small infants and children.
· Knowledge of safety issues concerning infants and children.
· Ability to be flexible with infant/child routines.
· Ability to react and move quickly.
· Be able to read stories to the children.
· Excellent listening skills and an engaging demeanor.
· Creativity, compassion, and professionalism are a must.
· Fun and enthusiastic attitude.
· Willing to sing, dance with the children.
· Knowledge of first aid processes and emergency responses.
· Degree/NCE/applicable certifications in early childcare development preferred
· At least 3-4 years of experience working in a professional childcare setting
- Salary is open to negotiation
Qualified applicants with the required experience should forward CVs using ‘S-CG-TN’ as subject of mails before 30th June, 2020. Only candidates who meet the qualifications listed above will be contacted for interviews.