The User Policy team at Flutterwave is responsible for assessing, developing, and enforcing policies that govern the use of our products and services users, as well as, establishing internal decision-making structures that enable us to ensure the integrity of our payments ecosystem. User Policy Strategists will work with cross-functional teams including product, engineering, risk strategy, risk partnerships, fraud, compliance, expansion, and growth to define the guardrails that ensure Flutterwave is setting the foundation for how digital payments are able to be used across the regions in which we operate.
- Minimum Qualification:Degree
- Experience Level:Senior level
- Experience Length:7 years
- Understand the financial partner, card network, and regulatory requirements around each of Flutterwave’s products.
- Collaborate with key stakeholders (e.g. Product Managers, Engineering, Compliance, User Policy, Risk Partnerships, Legal, etc) to evaluate the user policy requirements of new products being developed.
- Design policy frameworks for new or existing products, merchant categories, and users.
- Evaluate existing terms of service to ensure they are aligned with our risk management strategies, controls, and partner requirements.
- Think innovatively about undefined use cases around payments.
- Determine internal policies around onboarding and offboarding of merchants or users.
- Work with the Transaction Monitoring, compliance, and fraud teams to ensure our policies translate into controls and operationalize enforcement processes.
- Articulate to senior management the impact of the policies you developed to ensure alignment with leadership.
- Resolve product or financial partner roadblocks through thoughtful policies that drive confidence in Flutterwave’s risk management function.
Required competencies and skills to be a waver:
- 7+ years experience in payments at a card network, an acquiring bank, or related payments technology company.
- Demonstrable proficiency in risk, fraud, trust & safety
- Experience developing policies that govern user behavior
- Strong project management skills
- Solutions based mindset when working cross-functionally across various stakeholders
- Negotiating with the product, engineering, sales, and legal to ensure alignment