Under the direct supervision of the Project Coordinator and in close collaboration with the Technical Adviser for livestock integration, the Technical Advisor – rice and climate change will:
- Support the project coordinator in planning, implementation, and coordination of program activities
- Provide technical advice on climate-smart practices in the rice value chain and support to implementing partners
- Support the development of inclusive business models and support to enterprises that can sustain the climate-smart practices and provide jobs in the rice value chain
- Provide support to research and analytical work
- Coordinate and supervise local and international consultancies and procurements
- Plan, prepare, and conduct conferences, workshops, study trips, and other events
- Provide input to project monitoring and evaluation methodology and design
- Support the Project coordinator in overseeing the monitoring and preparation of reports to GIZ as well as to the EU Delegation
- Development and review training materials for trainers and the target group
- Coordinate the implementation activities closely with the Green Innovation Centre particularly in the rice value chain as well as with other relevant GIZ project
- Perform other duties and tasks at the request of the Project Coordinator.
Required Qualifications, and Competencies.
- Master’s degree in Agriculture, Agronomist, Agricultural Economics, or related field
- Minimum of 5 years of professional working experience in a similar position
- Broad experience working with capacity development related to climate change mitigation and adaptation in agriculture value chains. Preferably in the rice value chain
- Experience and insights in crop and livestock integrated approaches
- Good understanding of community participation in program design
- Experience with conflict-sensitive approaches to community development is an added advantage
- Experience in planning, monitoring, and evaluation in the agricultural sector is an added advantage
- Previous experience working in development organizations is an advantage
Other knowledge and additional competencies:
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Ability to communicate adequately with interdisciplinary/multi-institutional teams (units/research organizations, NGOs and Governmental agencies, farmers, their organizations, and donors)
- Team player and constructive attitude responding positively to critical feedback and differing points of view
- Advanced working knowledge of ICT technologies (related software, phone, fax, email, the internet) and computer applications (e.g. MS Office)
- Developed attitude and awareness of service delivery
- Personal Integrity and accountability
- Positive, collaborative, and constructive attitude to people and work.
- Composed and good-humored even under pressure.
- Open to change and ability to manage complexities.
- Knowledge of local Nigerian languages used in the project area is an asset.
You are kindly requested to submit your CV and letter of motivation as one document with complete contact details (Please include vacancy no. 053 in mail subject).
GIZ is an equal opportunities employer committed to diversity. All qualified candidates, regardless of age, sex, ethnicity, race, and religion are encouraged to apply.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted