Duties & Responsibilities:
- Assists to implement sound independent control policies and standards covering all sources of risks in IT.
- Supports to prevent and/or detect IT operational/fraud/business losses.
- Assists to perform specific risk-based independent IT Control functions assigned in the control work programme.
- Supports to raise exceptions where necessary and make valid recommendations.
- To recommend appropriate mitigating controls for all identifiable risks.
- To investigate incidence in IT.
- To implement sound independent control, policies and standards covering all sources of identified risks in IT.
- To promptly identify and report IT operational lapses, rejected transactions and system bugs.
- To design and develop work plans necessary for the actualization of the objectives of safeguarding the information asset of the Bank’s IT department.
- To review IT staff, staffing, conditions of service and segregation of duties.
- To enforce IT SLAs with Third parties.
- To participate in all IT Projects and Product designs with the view to identifying risks and incorporating controls.
- To review IT Projects and Products to ensure performance and value for money.
- To review the EOD, EOM and EOY activities.
- To enforce policies on BCP/DR.
- To ensure implementation of approved recommendations of auditors, consultants and security analysts.
- To provide leadership, coaching and guidance to all staff in IT Process Control Team.
- To deliver on all other assignments delegated by supervisors
Key Performance Indicator:
- Adherence to Planned Review
- % Closure of internal control exceptions with Auditee's Responses
- Internal audit rating for IT & eBusiness Control
- Internal audit rating for IT Channels
- Internal audit rating for Alternative Channels
- Losses from fraud vs. total revenues
- Prevention of Delay or Infraction During EOD Processing
- SLA Monitoring of Branch Network Availability
- Accuracy of configuration on database
- Prompt Dual Logins for high uptime of key business applications
- Prompt Dual Logins for high uptime of Windows/Unix Server Infrastructure
- Complete and Restorable Daily back-up
- Oracle supercluster/COMVAULT storage capacity and availability mgt.
- A good first degree in any discipline.
- A relevant Master Degree will be an added advantage.
- A related professional qualification will be an added advantage.
- Minimum of 3 years experience in a bank /financial institution with the last 3 in Information systems assurance related functions
Key Competency Requirements:
- Application Support and Maintenance
- Solution Architecture
- Systems Design
- Information Security
- Systems Integration
Skills & Competencies:
- Banking Industry Knowledge
- Customer Focus
- IT Appreciation & Application
- Respect for individual
- Result Orientation
- Attention to detail
- Problem Solving
- Coaching, Counselling & Mentoring
- Strategic Thinking
- Fraud Detection & Control
- Regulatory Compliance