- The Structural Engineer will be responsible for planning and executing architectural, structural and civil designs for all buildings, concrete structures and infrastructures according to Company standards and specifications.
- He will perform engineering duties in planning, designing, and overseeing construction and maintenance of these structures.
- Set up and execute assigned engineering activities such as detail design, verification and studies relevant to any engineering issues associated with the discipline.
- Prepare SOW and technical documentation for soil investigation contract.
- Develop studies and calculation notes for reinforced concrete, piling works, steel structures (including connection details) and structural concrete/steel buildings.
- Manages issue of technical bid tabulation for all construction offers.
- Inspect project sites to monitor progress and ensure conformance to design specifications and safety or sanitation standards.
- Estimate quantities and cost of materials, equipment, or labour to determine project feasibility.
- Coordinate construction, operations, and maintenance activities at project site.
- Compute load and grade requirements, water flow rates, and material stress factors to determine design specifications
- Plan and design transportation or hydraulic systems and structures, following construction and government standards, using design software and drawing tools
- Analysis of survey reports, maps, drawings, blue prints, aerial photography, and other topographical or geological data
- Providing technical advice regarding design, construction, or programme modifications and structural repairs
- Test soils and materials to determine the adequacy and strength of foundations, concrete, asphalt, or steel
- Analyze survey reports, maps, drawings, blueprints, aerial photography, and other topographical or geologic data to plan projects.
- Compute load and grade requirements, water flow rates, and material stress factors to determine design specifications.
- Direct or participate in surveying to lay out installations and establish reference points, grades, and elevations to guide construction.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Minimum of HND/degree in a relevant discipline
- 5 years relevant discipline
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills