To assist in the implementation and maintenance of a sound quality assurance system and continual improvement of Health, Safety and Environment compliance in IBEDC.
- Minimum Qualification:Degree
- Experience Level:Mid level
- Experience Length:7 years
- A fist degree in safety, Environmental Science, Engineering or any related discipline.
- A postgraduate degree in any related discipline is an added advantage.
- Membership of relevant professional bodies. (ISPON); (BCSP); (ISHM).
- At least 5 years’ experience in the HSE field within a relevant industry (Utilities, oil and gas, telecommunications etc.)
- Follow-up on compliance with health and safety policies, processes, procedures and guideline.
- Carryout hazard hunting activities region-wide, suggest effective control measures and monitor all recommendations for non-conformances to prevent occurrence/reoccurrence as the case may be.
- Support the implementation of culture-changing tools, techniques and programs towards a sustainable change.
- Apply, monitor and measure all health and safety loss prevention programs, such as accident prevention plan, HSE Meetings, Safety Toolbox talk, job hazard analysis workshop, trainings, inspection and audit programs.
- Carryout minor accident and Near miss investigations to establish the Root Cause of occurrence, recommend remedial measures to avoid reoccurrence and draw learning points to sensitize staff against such.
- Identify and report trending and data analysis of Business Hubs/Service Units for escalation where the need arises.
- Prepares periodic and ad-hoc health and safety reports in accordance with relevant stipulations/guidelines.
- Ensure adherence to standards and regulations by incorporating relevant occupational health safety and environmental legislations in IBEDC’s operation / activities Business Hub-wide.
- Support the implementation of programs that promote federal, state and local safety & environmental regulations.
- Inspects installed machineries to check for effectiveness of safety devices.
- Inspection of protection schemes to ensure compliance, effective documentation and storage.
- Ensure close out of all recommendations for non-conformances (Near miss & accident investigations, inspections, Audit, regulatory e. t. c) to prevent reoccurrence.
- Manage the storage, reuse, recycle & disposal of residual and hazardous wastes.
- Implement process and product safety standard that will eliminate or reduce employees' exposure to chemical, physical, and biological hazards.
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the Jobberman Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.