● Ensure that community learning hubs are run and functional
● Work closely with SUBEB, local implementing partners, and other stakeholders, to ensure that the programme goals are achieved. Specific areas of concern are to facilitate the access to quality education opportunity for children, provision of learning kits to support children learning outcomes, capacity building to teachers and SBMC members.
● For purposes of ensuring healthy collaboration between S2S work and other projects or initiatives in the LGAs, the Program facilitator will actively participate in education-related activities and meetings, and will also seek active collaboration with other players working in the education sector.
Key Areas of Accountability
Under the direct supervision of the Project officer:
Programme development and Implementation:
• Coordinate the implementation of S2S education project activities in host LGAs and communities
• Work with communities and stakeholders to establish a Community Education Committee in communities to support the process.
• Identify critical program gaps and vulnerabilities, and clarify roles, responsibilities and accountabilities to effectively address those gaps
• Line management of the volunteers running hubs
• Prepare performance objectives together with hub volunteers and give the necessary feedback, follow up and support to improve volunteer performance.
Monitoring and Reporting:
• Prepare implementation reports, weekly, monthly or other periodical reports for S2S and funding partners
• Reporting on progress and documentation of best practices
• Support in development of communication materials, case studies and blogs.
Coordination and Networking:
• Working closely with the program officer to develop partnerships to leverage resources and ensure adequate funding consistent with S2S resource mobilisation strategy and emergency response plans
- Education: Bachelor's degree
- Experience managing relationships with community and public sector stakeholders Fluency in Hausa language and local language of LGA
- At least 2 year’s experience managing education development activities preferably in Northern Nigeria
- Experience in Monitoring and evaluation
- Must have resided in local government applying for for at least 1 years
- Completed NYSC
- Knowledge of procedures related to institutional donors (UN agencies,)
- Experience on donor funded projects particularly UN organizations