PhD level Economists able to teach others and solve very challenging applied econometrics questions. Economists will read academic published papers, explain them, and help re-create results. Economists apply rigorous applied econometric approaches, and help train other talented data scientists in the team.
We are looking for a new grad (or 4th/5th year PhD candidate) to join our team in building long-term causal estimation products using a combination of econometrics, machine learning and statistics leveraging the power of big data.
- Ability to read both theoretic and empirical academic peer-reviewed papers, explain methodology and replicate results
- Applies deep expertise in causal modeling to develop large-scale systems that are deployed across the company. Reviews and audits modeling processes and results for other data scientists, both junior and senior.
- Describes strategic importance of vision inside and outside of team. Identifies business opportunities, define the problem and roadmap to solve it. Brings a department or company-wide perspective in decision making.
- Leads the project plan from a scientific perspective on small to medium product launches including identifying potential risks, key milestones, and paths to mitigate risks
- PhD in Economics or related field
- Strong background in econometrics (e.g., program evaluation, forecasting, time series, panel data, and/or high dimensional problems), economic theory, and quantitative methods
- Strong research track record
- Effective verbal and written communication skills