Overall Job Function
Incumbent serves as focal person for case management and ensures clients are properly linked to service delivery points and appropriate care is provided. Incumbent act as social workers, advocate patient welfare, and serve as a liaison between clients, their families, and OSS service providers.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for establishing and sustaining referral linkages with prevention team to ensure optimal linkage rate into treatment for all identified HIV positive client
- Coordinate individualized social and family integration care with clients
- Follow up and ensure the retention of clients on ART treatment
- Support client enrolment on ART
- Support the care, treatment and support services for the HIV positive clients
- Serves as focal person to coordinate care and support activities for PLWHA KP in conjunction with KP led CBOs network
- Serves as gender based management focal person at the state level
- Support STIs management within and outside the OSS
- Ensures clinical care records are collated and submitted in a timely manner
- Serves as paraprofessional in providing trauma informed mental health services
- Any other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty
satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or
competency required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor Degree or RN in Nursing/Midwifery. Must be Registered with Nurses and Midwifery Council of Nigeria
- At least two years clinical experience as a social worker/Nurse strong skills in record keeping.
- Developing and updating client case files and tracking client’s progress.
- Experience providing community based care and support services for individual living with HIV/AIDS is a plus.
- Able to provide compassionate care in a supportive non-judgmental manner
- Time Management – Ability to prioritize tasks, manage time and complete projects in a fast-paced, changing environment with minimal supervision.
- Quality Management - Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness
- Written Communication - Writes clearly and informatively; Edits work for spelling and grammar; Varies writing style to meet needs.
- Adaptability - Adapts to changes in the work environment; Manages competing demands; Changes approach or method to best fit the situation; Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events
- Cultural Sensitivity – Respects cultural environment in which person is workingand does not act in a manner that is outwardly offensive to the local community.
- Non-discriminatory- Do not discriminate persons based on sexual orientation or gender identity, age, preferred jobs or behavioral habits
- Excellent oral and written English communication skills
- Knowledge of Local Language preferred.
- Medium- level computer skills in MS Excel, Access and Office
- Other software routinely used by Heartland Alliance
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- The employee will be required to co-locate with local partners usually in the same office.
- The employee is required to travel regularly to often insecure and limited-resource environments.
- The employee will be required to work directly with populations that are vulnerable and at high risk of HIV and Human rights violation.