· Reports to the Lead Instructor and Education Director
· Plans, prepares, and delivers lessons in tandem with a pre-provided lesson plan.
· Manages the students assigned to him/her such that each child is carried along and a holistic development of their cognitive, emotional, social, physical, and spiritual growth is ensured.
· Uses the school curriculum, Montessori Albums, and current research-based instructional tools as stipulated.
· Prepares an environment that meets the sensitive period of development of the students with whom he/she works and ensures the instructional resources correspond to their needs.
· Uses various assessment tools/strategies such as observations, children's work samples, continuums of development, portfolios, etc. to help make instructional decisions for individual students.
· Monitors the progress of individual students and uses school-approved screening and evaluation tools to develop teaching plans for individual children.
· Maintains a clean, orderly, and attractive Montessori environment.
· Instructs and monitors students in the use of learning materials and equipment.
· Use relevant technology to support instruction.
· Maintains accurate and complete records of students' progress and development.
· Updates all necessary records accurately and completely as required by the school policies and regulations.
· Makes sure to demonstrate rapport with and respect and kindness for, all students as well as ensure the same between students.
· Models and teaches conflict resolution and problem-solving strategies in the classroom.
· Communicates necessary information regularly to students, colleagues and parents as regards student needs and progress.
· Establishes and maintains a Montessori classroom culture, paying particular attention to the needs of students/parents who are new to Montessori.
· Participates in continuous self-assessment and refinement of practice as well as in collaborative professional development activities (both within the school community and via attendance at conferences, workshops, etc.).
· Participates in collegial activities and meetings designed to make the entire school a productive Professional Learning Community.
Required Competencies /Qualifications
· Special needs, Phonetics and/or Language teaching experience.
· Relevant Bachelor’s degree or higher.
· Montessori and British curriculum teaching experience.
· Montessori Certification will be an added advantage.
· Proficiency with written and spoken English
· Proficiency in teaching a local language will be an advantage
· Proficiency and or experience with special needs children will be an advantage.
· Basic ICT Skills