• Design and build applications on the android platform; present design ideas with interactive prototypes, mockups, and wireframes.
• Tests to identify design flaws and bugs, such as performing code reviews and performance analyses.
• Implement new features in existing apps, perform maintenance on android applications, and make sure that apps are compatible with various models of mobile devices.
• Continually explore and evaluate new technologies to optimize application development. This includes reviewing coding standards, software development processes, and solution choices.
• Build reusable code and libraries for future use
• Implementation of security best practices and data protection methodologies
• Experience with programming languages like Kotlin, knowledge in Java is an advantage
• Able to implement the use of cross-platform mobile suites like Antenna and AMP (Accounting-Management-Promotion).
• A keen eye for aesthetics and desire to make things “pixel-perfect”
• Knowledgeable in software development processes and adept at using software development methodologies, such as Agile
• Strong troubleshooting skills
• Knowledge of backend computing: security, database management, hardware interaction and implementation of memory allocation will be an added advantage.
• Deep understanding of android design patterns: MVVM and MVI
• Strong knowledge of the android operating system and how to deal with different screen sizes
• Detail-oriented, organized, and able to work independently, as well as, collaborate with a diverse team.
• Have a natural curiosity, with an ability to research and solve problems independently.
• Good problem-solving skills
• 2+ years of native mobile engineering experience working with android and/or related native mobile frameworks
• 2+ years of experience with of a variety of android frameworks and common build tools
• BSc/MSc degree in Computer Science, Engineering, MIS or relevant field