Summary of Responsibilities/Tasks:
• Support the delivery of small scale poultry and pig raising activities at community level.
• Assisting training activities for community members.
• Conduct regular in-person follow up visits to supported households, to coach and mentor households in improved livestock husbandry and healthcare, and marketing of poultry and pig livestock and products.
• At field level, engage directly with community members and local leaders to ensure that planned project activities are locally adapted and meet the needs of supported households and communities. • Participate in regular meetings with key stakeholders at community level, ensuring there is common understanding of the programme objectives.
• Provide weekly updates and monthly reports on activity progress to the Project Coordinator.
• Contribute to ad hoc reports and human interest stories that may be needed.
• Committed to United Purpose’s Vision, Mission and Values
• At least a diploma in Agriculture, Rural Development or field related to rural livelihoods.
• Knowledge and understanding of working with international NGOs.
• At least two years’ relevant Hands on experience working on development with an NGO in rural Nigeria, with a preference for experience in livelihoods or agriculture programmes.
• Proven track record of capacity building/training in rural communities.
• Solid knowledge and understanding of community-based approaches to development.
• Strong facilitation and interpersonal communication skills.
• Excellent ability to build strong relationships with supported households and communities through a diplomatic and respectful approach.
• Ability to facilitate training to community-based organisations and government stakeholders. • Proactive approach to problem solving.
• Ability to work independently with minimal direction.