- Previous relevant experience as a Litigation Lawyer or similar position
- Applicable knowledge of motions, discovery, evidence, litigation documentation, court rules and procedures, practices etc
- Adept at communicating with people of diverse ethnic and social backgrounds.
- Highly organised with ability to juggle multiple deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Value mentality.
- Ability to lead, teach and transfer knowledge.
- Strong writing and communication skills along with attention to detail
- In depth understanding of law
- Bachelor of Law (minimum of Second-class Upper Division)
- Law school graduate (minimum of Second-class Upper Division)
- Advise clients in business transactions, claim liability, the advisability of prosecuting or defending lawsuits or legal rights and obligations.
- Drawing up contracts and other legal documents.
- Represent clients in court or before government agencies, present and summarize cases to judges and juries.
- Draft pleadings, motions and appellate documents and file them with the court.
- Perform administrative duties (calendar hearings and deadlines, organize case files, manage logistics etc).
- Conduct pre-claim investigation, legal research and initial case assessments.
- Liaising with other legal professionals such as solicitors.
- Explaining the law and giving general legal advice.
- Settling disputes and supervising any agreements.
- Representing clients and putting forward a case in their defense in court.
- Cross-examining witnesses, studying evidence and drawing conclusions.
- Negotiating settlements between the client and other parties.
- Carrying out various duties and responsibilities as assigned.