You will focus on specific computer networks, databases, and a system administration. Under supervision, you will install, configure, service, repair and maintain information technology systems in both a stand-alone and client-server environment. You will also participate in technical research and development to enable continuing innovation within the organization and ensure that system hardware, operating systems, and software systems are fully operational.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Consult with clients, vendors, and personnel in other departments or construction foremen to discuss estimate and resolve issues
- Administer network and data security, including directory, group policy, firewalls, antivirus, email security, etc.
- Prepare estimates used by management for purposes of planning, organizing, and scheduling work
- Set up cost monitoring and reporting systems and procedures
- Install and configure wireless networking equipment
- Create, analyze, report, convert, or transfer data, using specialized applications program software
- Provide for the implementation, configuration, deployment, and support of systems, including, but not limited to client computing devices and servers
- Provide training to new employees and other training sessions as required
IT Specialist Requirements and Qualification
- 5+ years of experience in information technology
- Ability to work under pressure and handle multiple problems simultaneously
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Knowledge of hardware technology and concepts